This post has affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you.
Have you ever tried fried pickles?? I know to some the idea seems weird but if you like pickles and crispy fried food then this Air Fryer Fried Pickles Recipe is a MUST HAVE!
Pickles chips are dipped in flour, egg wash, and then seasoned bread crumbs and fried to golden perfection in the air fryer for a crispy tangy snack or appetizer!
Air Fryer Fried Pickles
If you’ve NEVER had fried pickles this is the recipe to try! No deep fat frying, no messy oil, just perfect fried pickles! One bite and you’ll taste why people LOVE Fried Pickles.
If you’ve had fried pickles before this will become your new favorite recipe, it’s got everything and it’s amazing. Plus the whole “no deep fat frying” means these are so much easier to make.
What do I need to make these Fried Pickles?
- dill pickle chips
- Italian-style bread crumbs
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- a spray bottle with cooking oil or olive oil, DO NOT USE PAM or another propellent cooking spray
How to Make Air Fried Pickles
These are simple to make and require nothing special but a little time.
- Preheat the air fryer
- pat the pickles dry with paper towels
- set out 3 bowls OR pie pans will work
- line a baking tray with foil or parchment
- mix the flour with all the spices in one of the bowls
- beat the eggs in another bowl
- and in the third bowl add your seasoned breadcrumbs
- dip a pickle chip in the flour, then in the eggs, then in the bread crumbs, and set on the prepared baking sheet
- repeat with enough pickle chips to fill the basket or tray of the air fryer
- spritz with cooking oil
- air fry on 380° for 5-7 minutes or until crispy and golden brown
- while those pickle chips fry dip the remaining chips and place them on the baking sheet
- when the first batch of pickles are fried remove them from the basket and place on a platter
- air fry the remaining pickles in batches as directed
- serve with your favorite dip or dressing
What to Dip Your Fried Pickles in
You CAN use anything you like for dipping. We prefer a good homemade ranch dressing. But lately, I’ve been making these two ranch dressings variations quite frequently. And they pair perfectly with fried pickles.
Air Fryer Pickles
Your friends are going to love this new addition to your air fryer appetizers menu! This one joins our other favorite Air Fryer Apps, such as:
- Bacon Wrapped Crackers
- Bacon Wrapped Dates
- Air Fryer Crispy Mushrooms
- Air Fryer Samosas
- Honey Barbecue Wings
- Loaded Totchos
If you’re cooking for a crowd you might need to borrow or buy another air fryer to get an entire party of appetizers out for your friends. I prefer a basket style Air Fryer such as a Cosori 5.8 Max XL Basket Style Air Fryer OR the Dual Basket in this Vortex is a nice air fryer too.
- 32 dill pickle chips
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Italian-Style bread crumbs
- Oil for spraying
- preheat the air fryer
- while it's heating up pat the pickle chips dry with paper towels
- set out three bowls
- mix the flour with the spices in one bowl, beat the eggs in the second bowl, and put the bread crumbs in the third bowl
- line a baking tray with foil or parchment paper
- dip a pickle chip in the flour, then in the eggs, then in the crumbs, shake off the excess crumbs and lay on the prepared sheet
- repeat with enough pickle chips to fill the air fryer
- lay the chips in the air fryer and air fry for 5-7 minutes until golden brown
- finish dipping all the pickle chips
- when the first batch is done frying remove them to a serving platter
- air fry the remaining pickles in batches until all the pickles are done
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Oil Sprayer Mister Olive Oil Spritzer for Air Fryer 210ml/7oz Cooking Spray Dispenser Bottle Kitchen Gadgets for BBQ Frying Salad Roasting (Black)
SMARTAKE 200 Pcs Parchment Paper Baking Sheets
COSORI Air Fryer Max XL(100 Recipes) Digital Hot Oven Cooker, One Touch Screen with 13 Cooking Functions, Preheat and Shake Reminder, 5.8 QT, Black
Amount Per Serving Calories 120Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 47mgSodium 489mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 4g
This nutrition information was calculated using a computer program, results may vary.
- Quick and Easy Cowboy Stew
- Sausage Rolls
- Green Bean Casserole
- Seasonal Pumpkin Star bread
- Easy Baked Cornbread Stuffing
- Biscuit Topped Beef Pot Pie
- Pumpkin Muffins with Streusel
- Apple Cinnamon Rolls (with Pecans!)
- Garlic Herb Prime Rib Roast
- Must-Have Air Fryer Accessories
- Beer Cheese Soup
- Potato Onion Pithivier
- Best Gifts for Bakers
- Mocha Torte
- Get to Know Vanilla: All Things Vanilla
- Kale Quinoa Salad