This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
Looking for a new and exciting salad dressing? Try this Jalapeño Ranch Salad Dressing. It’s a refreshing change to your normal salad dressing choices, and everyone loves it!
This spicy ranch dressing is a variation of the classic ranch dressing studded with chopped jalapeños and spiked with the juice of the pickled jalepeños, to give your salads a refreshing punch.
Need a Mild Version?
Now if you DON’T like it spicy you can ALWAYS add tame jalapeños, we love the Mezzetta Brand. They’ve got all the flavor of the pepper with NONE of the heat.
I usually use these because we have people in our house who don’t love the heat. I also make those same people mild sriracha again the flavor is there but the heat is non-existent.
BUT you can ALSO make this with regular pickled jalapeños OR even the hottest jalapeños you can find. Just make it to the spice level you like.
When to use Jalapeño Ranch Salad Dressing?
ALL THE TIME. Ok, that’s a joke! But you can use it on ANY salad you love. Try my Club Sandwich Salad, or this Cobb Salad, Crispy Buffalo Chicken Salad, or even on my Wendy’s Jalapeño Popper Salad. It’s good on any salad that needs a creamy dressing.
Or dip these Air Fryer Chicken Tenders in it!
What do I need to Make This Jalapeño Ranch Dressing?
- sour cream OR yogurt
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- dry dill weed
- dry parsley
- buttermilk, or milk with vinegar to make sour milk, OR you can just use milk
- pickled jalapeños, mild, regular, or hot
- juice from the pickled jalapeños
One of the best things about this spicy ranch dressing is that you don’t need ANY fresh herbs. Everything besides the fresh ingredients like mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, are things you can keep right in the pantry for easy salad dressing making.
My problem with fresh herbs is that I never use them all. In fact, typically I buy fresh herbs, use them once and let them rot. Please let me know I’m not the only one!
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1//2 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pickled jalapeños, reserve the juice
- 1-2 teaspoons juice from the canned jalapeños
- 1/4-1/2 cup buttermilk, or milk, to taste
- mix the mayonnaise and sour cream or yogurt
- add the onion powder, garlic powder, dill weed, parsley, salt, and pepper, stir well
- add the jalapeños and the juice, stir to combine
- whisk in just enough milk or buttermilk to make the dressing as thin or thick as you like
- chill one-two hours or until the flavors have come together
- taste the dressing, add more of anything you like, thin down more if needed
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 180Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 19mgSodium 352mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 0gSugar 8gProtein 5g
This nutrition information was calculated using a computer program, results may vary.
- Garibaldi Biscuits
- Easy Pumpkin Crunch Cake
- Easy Air Fryer Chuck Roast
- Crispy Air Fryer Fried Chicken
- Easy Gingerbread Cookie Bars
- White Chocolate No-Bake Cookies
- Grilled Aidells Sausages in the Air Fryer
- Crispy Air Fryer Okra
- Easy Pumpkin Brownies
- Old Fashioned Apple Crisp
- Dutch Apple Bread (Easy Recipe)
- Stuffing Pork Chop Casserole
- The Best Apple Pie Cookies
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Quick and Simple Air Fryer Cabbage
- Raspberry Cookies