This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
Who needs a snack?? I KNOW WE DO! Someone is always hungry around here and the air fryer is here to help! Air fryer Totchos are tick all the boxes for a hearty snack or lunch.
Crispy tater tots, refried beans, melted cheddar, and your favorite fresh toppings make these air fryer loaded totchos your go-to snack or lunch on ANY busy day.
How to serve Totchos
These air fryer totchos are the PERFECT amount for two people to share OR one hungry person. I love to serve them alll prepped and ready to eat. Toppings and everything on top.
*PLEASE NOTE I ONLY SERVED THE TOTCHOS IN A SKILLET FOR PRESENTATION* There’s been a fair amount of confusion about the skillet and using your cast iron in an air fryer. I didn’t cook these IN the skillet I only served them that way because I thought they looked rustic for the photo!
BUT if you want to serve a crowd you could ALWAYS make tater tots in the air fryer and top them with beans and cheese and serve them with the toppings on the side for everyone to load up their own plate.
You can air fry WAY more tater tots at once that this recipe has you make. You can practically fill the bakset on you fryer. It WILL take more time to cook because you’ll need to shake them and get them all crispy cooked. But it CAN be done!
What You Need to Make Air Fryer Tater Tot Nachos
- An Air Fryer–I use AND LOVE the Cosori 5.8qt
- Parchment liners
- OR these silicone liners
- frozen tater tots
- canned refried beans
- shredded cheese of your choice-cheddar, monterey jack, colby jack
- toppings of your choice such as lettuce, green onions, tomatoes, guacamole, sour cream, jalapeños, or salsa
- cooked meats if you have them such as leftover chicken, steak, or ground beef
What if I don’t have parchment liners to make air fryer totchos
You can make these WITHOUT a liner in the air fryer basket. A liner in the basket just means they’re easier to get out for serving on a plate or as I served them in a cast iron skillet.
Other Air Fryer Recipes we LOVE TO LOVE
- 2 servings frozen tater tots
- oil spritzer
- 1 cup refried beans, more or less as desired
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, other cheeses work well too
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 TBSP chopped onions
- 2 TBSP sour cream
- optional toppings include: jalapeños, leftover meats, various cheeses
- preheat the air fryer on 400° for 5 minutes
- when preheated put in a liner if using and add the tater tots, spritz with oil if desired
- cook 8-10 minutes at 400° shaking the basket halfway through
- dot the beans over the top of the tots
- cook 1 more minute at 400° then top with cheese, cook at 400° again until the beans are hot and the cheese is melted
- the slide the liner out of the basket onto a plate or serving tray
- top with your preferred toppings
- serve hot
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Unbleached Air Fryer Parchment Paper, Heavy Duty Perforated Parchment Paper, Katbite 9 inch Air Fryer Parchment Paper Liners, Square Air Fryer Paper for Streamer, Oven, and Baking Chicken, 120Pcs
Lotteli Kitchen Reusable Silicone Air Fryer Liners 3 Pack with Air Fryer Magnetic Cheat Sheet, Easy Clean Air Fryer Accessories, Non Stick, AirFryer Accessory Parchment Paper Replacement - 7.5" Square
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
- Crispy Air Fryer Fried Pickles
- Rhubarb Cookies
- Easy Candied Pecans Recipe
- BROOKIES From Scratch
- Crispy Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Crispy Air Fryer Mushrooms
- Kitchen Sink Cookies
- Fresh Baked Asparagus Tart
- Easy Air fryer Samosas
- How to Make Beef Jerky IN the Oven
- Roasted Eggplant Baba Ganoush Dip
- Oven-Baked Bacon Jalapeño Poppers
- Oven-Baked SMores Bars
- Honey Barbecue Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- How To Make Beef Jerky in a Food Dehydrator