This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
We all love Bacon-Wrapped Dates right?? Well here’s a newsflash MAKE THEM IN THE AIR FRYER. You’ll never stand over a pan of spattering bacon again when you can make Air Fryer Appetizers!
In this Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Dates recipe, you’ll find perfectly toasted bacon snuggled up with warm tender dates filled with the perfect bite of tangy goat cheese all made easily in the air fryer!!
Air Fryer Appetizers are my new favorite!!
Air Fryer Appetizers are my new GO-TO for easy party preparations, like these bacon wrapped crackers!
This air fryer appetizer has it all! Sweet tender dates, who doesn’t love those?? Goat cheese is the perfect foil for sweet dates. And then wrap it all up in smoky bacon. Salty, sweet, tangy, savory, there isn’t anything to not like about these apps.
What Do I need to Make Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Dates?
- an air fryer, I use and LOVE the Cosori Air Fryer
- toothpicks or bamboo picks, soak them in water first to keep them from catching on fire!!
- bacon, thin OR thick cut, your choice, see notes below
- goat cheese
Let’s chat about those picks for a minute. If you want to cook or grill anything with toothpicks or bamboo you need to soak them in water. You soak the picks in water for at least 30 minutes to keep them from catching on fire while baking. Or grilling. Or frying.
Soaking the wooden picks in water for at least 30 minutes prevents them from drying out and eventually catching on fire. Put them in a glass of water one end down, then halfway through turn them over and soak the other end. To use them, pat them dry, and thread your food onto them.
Now about that bacon!
Thick bacon or thin bacon? Either one will work here in this recipe. I tested it with thin bacon and the dates were done in just 10 minutes, if you’re using thick bacon add about 2 minutes to the cooking time. BUT also check them along the way to see how YOUR air fryer is cooking them. Because that’s how appliances are!
No two air fryers are the same
Remember that when you’re following a recipe, especially in a small appliance like an air fryer, it may cook at a different rate even if you set it to the same temperature as the recipe called for. Do be sure to check it along the way and don’t just set to the time and temp called for and leave it.
And like I always say when you’re trying a recipe for the first time, make it when you’re not going to disappoint anyone! Like a weekend when there’s no rush.
- 12 dates
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 6 strips bacon
- SOAK TOOTHPICKS BEFORE USING IN THE AIR FRYER, even if it's just 5-10 minutes
- preheat the air fryer at 400° for five minutes
- if the dates aren't pitted already cut a small slit in them and pull out the pit
- wrap half a slice of bacon around each date, secure with a soaked toothpick
- repeat with remaining dates
- when the air fryer is done preheating lay the dates in the air fryer
- set the air fryer to 390° and 10 minutes
- check at 8 minutes and continue cooking until the bacon is crispy and cooked through
- serve while hot
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
COSORI Air Fryer Max XL(100 Recipes) Digital Hot Oven Cooker, One Touch Screen with 13 Cooking Functions, Preheat and Shake Reminder, 5.8 QT, Black
200PCS Bamboo Cocktail Picks, 6 Inch Handmade Sticks Cocktail Skewers, Cocktail Picks Fruit Toothpick for Appetizers, Fancy Toothpicks for Events and Parties
- Classic Bourbon Pecan Pie
- Air Fryer Crab Rangoon
- Vol Au Vent Pastry Shells
- Bacon Wrapped Pickles in the AIr Fryer
- Old Fashioned Chocolate No Bakes
- Air Fryer Pumpkin Seeds
- Stuffed Banana Peppers
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- Classic Beef and Dumplings
- Eggnog Cheesecake Squares
- Easy Air Fryer Potato Skins
- Air Fryer Panko Chicken
- Pain Aux Raisins
- Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
- Garibaldi Biscuits
- Easy Pumpkin Crunch Cake