This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
These crispy air fryer mushrooms are on my MUST MAKE appetizer list. Although truth be told we would enjoy these every single day if we could! Yes, they are THAT good.
These air-fried mushrooms ARE IT! First, they’re rolled in flour, then egg, then panko for a crispy crunchy coating, and then air fried to perfection. You can dip them or just slam-dunk them as is, there’s no wrong way to enjoy them!
What do I need to make Air Fryer Mushrooms?
- fresh small button mushrooms
- soy sauce
- paprika or cayenne (your choice!)
- garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- air fryer
- oil spritzer
Can I use bigger mushrooms?
You CAN use bigger mushrooms for this recipe. If you choose to use bigger mushrooms you will need to cook them longer. Instead of 6 minutes per side, you might shoot for 8 minutes a side and see how they are doing.
Realize also that if you get bigger mushrooms it will make fewer mushrooms because you’re using more of the ingredients per mushroom. But if you go by weight you should be fairly close for coating ingredients.
Do I REALLY need an oil spritzer for these air fryer mushrooms?
Since this is a dish typically deep-fat fried you really do need a way to get oil on the mushrooms. Brushing won’t work, it’s really best to spritz it on. And don’t skimp on it, really give them a good coating.
How to Serve these Fried mushrooms
Personally, I think they’re best when eaten hot right out of the air fryer. BUT if you’re making them for guests then you can serve them as an appetizer. Either pass them around hot or set them out with a dipping sauce.
If you’re thinking of doing a lot of appetizers these go very well with my Bacon Wrapped Crackers and Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Dates. You can’t go wrong with bacon right?? Oh and while we’re on the subject try these bacon-stuffed jalapeño poppers!
Do I need a dipping sauce for Crispy Mushrooms?
NO! But do you WANT one?? Maybe!! Try barbecue sauce, ranch dressing (bacon ranch OR jalapeño ranch), or Marinara. Any of those would be perfectly paired with mushrooms. Oh, cheesy queso would work too!
- 8 ounces small white button mushrooms
- 1 TBSP soy sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika or a pinch of cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups panko
- clean the mushrooms by wiping away any dirt
- toss together with the soy sauce and let them rest 5 minutes
- preheat the air fryer on 350° for 5 minutes
- crack the eggs into a bowl and lightly beat
- in another bowl blend the flour, Italian seasoning, garlic, paprika, OR a pinch of cayenne, or both!
- line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- set up an assembly line of the flour, eggs, and panko
- dip the mushrooms in the flour, then eggs, and then panko, then lay them on the baking sheet
- when you have enough to fill the basket of your air fryer lay them in the tray of the preheated air fryer
- spritz really well with oil, don't skimp on the oil
- air fry at 350° for 6 minutes, turn over, and air fry for 6 more minutes
- while the mushrooms cook go ahead and dip the remaining mushrooms
- when the first batch is done, repeat with the remaining mushrooms
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 257Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 62mgSodium 612mgCarbohydrates 45gFiber 3gSugar 3gProtein 10g
This nutrition information was calculated using a computer program, results may vary.
- BROOKIES From Scratch
- Crispy Air Fryer Cod
- Air Fryer BBQ Pork steak
- Strawberry Crunch Ice Cream Bars
- Our Favorite Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- Crispy Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Crispy Air Fryer Mushrooms
- Sweet Cherry Cobbler
- Easy Air Fryer London Broil
- Kitchen Sink Cookies
- Fresh Strawberry Cake
- Fresh Baked Asparagus Tart
- Easy Air fryer Samosas
- Refreshing Strawberry Crunch Cake
- Spicy Sriracha Aioli
- Maple Brown Sugar Roasted Acorn Squash