Think your air fryer is just for fun or for warming up leftovers? Think again! You can roast up an Air Fryer Turkey Breast in under 40 minutes. And let me tell you it is FABULOUS!
This small but mighty Air Fryer Turkey Breast is perfect for ANYONE who wants a turkey without ALL THE TURKEY. Know what I mean??
What kind of turkey Breast can I roast in the Air Fryer?
One thing you need to consider when thinking of roasting a turkey breast in the air fryer is the size of your air fryer. If you have a large counter top air fryer oven you can probably roast a WHOLE turkey breast, skin, bones and all in a baking pan.
In a smaller 5.8 QT Air Fryer like my Corsoi with a basket you’re probably going to want to get half of a turkey breast. The last thing you want to do is stuff too much in an air fryer so opt for the turkey that will fit well.
I used the smaller size 3 pound turkey breast for my family of 4 and there was ample turkey for everyone. And it wasn’t STUFFED into my air fryer.
The 3 pound turkey breast I used from Butterball comes premarinated and in a baking bag. You can find these pretty much year-round in the freezer section. It also comes with a gravy packet if you care to use it. To air fry it remove it from the bag.
What do I need to air fry a turkey breast?
Nothing special, obivously you will need a turkey breast and a few more things:
- an air fryer, almost any kind will work, be sure to read my notes above to get ideas on how to use the one you have
- some light olive oil or vegetable oil
- spices for a spice rub if you get a turkey breast that isn’t marinated
- parchment paper sheet liner for your air fryer basket
What to Serve with It?
The BEST part of a turkey dinner is ALL THE SIDES. And you can serve it with any and or ALL THE SIDES. Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes, stuffing, gravy, green bean casserole, jello salad, and so on. Try this AMAZING Corn Casserole, I want to eat that casserole every week!
Or serve it with anything you want to!
Got Leftover Turkey?
This turkey is perfect for sandwiches because it slices really well. It’s ALSO the perfect leftover turkey for my Turkey Pot Pie Recipe, that one has a puff pastry top crust and it’s SO AMAZING.
Or make this Old Fashioned Turkey Dumpling Soup, you won’t be sorry!
- 1 3 pound boneless skinless turkey breast, I used a Butterball
- 2 TBSP oil
- *optional rub* 2 TBSP Italian Herbs, 1 tsp Garlic powder, 1 tsp salt and pepper, dash of lemon pepper if you have it **ony use if you use a turkey breast OTHER than pre-marinated
- preheat air fryer at 350˚ for 5 minutes
- meanwhile open the turkey breast and remove it from the bag AND the cooking bag, discard them
- rub all over with the oil
- if the you use a turkey breast that is not marinated mix the optional ingredients together and rub over the entire turkey breast
- if you like line the air fryer tray with a parchment paper liner made for air fryers, if you don't have that lay in a sheet of foil or parchment paper with holes cut in it
- put the turkey breast in the preheated air fryer
- set it to 350˚ and roast for 15 minutes
- turn and roast for 15 minutes
- check the temperature, you're looking for 165˚ on a meat thermometer
- if it's not there yet turn it again and set the time for 15 more minutes, but check every 5 minutes until the temperature is 165˚
- when it's done remove it to a carving board and cover with foil for 5--10 minutes and let the temperature come up to 170˚
- if desired you can make the included gravy packet to serve with the turkey
- slice and serve as desired
** if you're using a turkey breast that wasn't marinated and you're making a spice rub feel free to add in ANY spices you like those are just suggestions
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 300Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 145mgSodium 342mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 55g
This nutrition information was calculated using a computer program, results may vary.
- Air Fryer Acorn Squash
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Leftover Turkey Salad
- Instant Pot Sausage and Peppers
- Old Fashioned Turkey Noodle Soup
- Easy Air Fryer Turkey Breast
- Easy Baked Turkey Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Sausage and Potatoes
- Easy Buttermilk Fried Chicken
- Toad in a Hole
- Let’s Make Bangers and Mash!
- Easy Instant Pot Hawaiian Meatballs