This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
This quick Air Fryer Cod recipe means no more deep-frying fish! These crunchy cod fillets will have everyone running to the table for dinner in no time at all!
Breaded Air Fryer Cod
Panko bread crumbs, easy spices, and fresh or frozen cod come together to make one of the best air fryer dinners we’ve had in a long time! The coating comes out crispy and crunchy and the cod is perfectly cooked and there’s no deep fat frying required.
Breaded Cod VS Battered Cod
Both are delicious! But you can’t typically put freshly battered cod in the air fryer because the batter just slides right off. If I could make this Beer Batter for Cod I would absolutely do that! Frozen battered foods can be cooked easily in the air fryer.
Breaded cod is another story! You can make bread cod right in the air fryer basket. Nothing slides off, the crumbs stick and the breaded cod comes out of the air fryer perfectly.
What do I need to Make Air Fryer Cod?
- An Air Fryer–this recipe was tested and made in the Cosori MAX XL 5.8 I love this air fryer for its cooking consistency and plus I love the basket style.
- Cod-you can use fresh OR frozen cod. If you use frozen cod it needs to be thawed. And be sure to pat it dry so the eggs will stick to it.
- Eggs-for the first stage of the dredging process
- Panko Bread Crumbs
- Garlic Powder
- Italian Seasonings
- Oil for spraying or brushing on the basket
Can I use Bread Crumbs Or Seasoned bread Crumbs Instead of Panko?
I love to use Panko because the crumbs are big and fluffy, well for bread crumbs they’re fluffy. Plus you can season it any way you like and the flavor shines through.
BUT if you get in a pinch you can use regular or even seasoned bread crumbs if you need to. You probably need fewer bread crumbs than panko because more of them fit in the measuring cups.
What sauce can I use for dipping?
You can make any kind of sauce you like! Try:
- 1 pound pieces of cod, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Italian herbs
- 2 eggs
- pat the cod dry and set it aside
- crack the eggs into a pie pan and lightly beat them
- put the crumbs into another pie pan and add the paprika, salt, garlic powder, and Italian herbs
- stir to combine
- preheat the air fryer at 400° for five minutes
- meanwhile, put one piece of cod in the egg and then roll in the bread crumbs pressing lightly to make sure the crumbs adhere
- place on a place
- repeat with the remaining pieces, and discard any leftover eggs or crumbs
- when the air fryer is done preheating use a pastry brush and spread oil on the basket of the air fryer *OR* spritz lightly with oil
- place the cod pieces in the basket and then air fry on 400° for 15 minutes
- check on the after 10 minutes to see how they're looking, spritz with more oil as desired
Amount Per Serving Calories 297Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 155mgSodium 759mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 33g
This nutrition information was calculated using a computer program, results may vary.
- Easy Strawberry Dump Cake
- BROOKIES From Scratch
- Crispy Air Fryer Cod
- Air Fryer BBQ Pork steak
- Strawberry Crunch Ice Cream Bars
- Our Favorite Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- Crispy Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Crispy Air Fryer Mushrooms
- Sweet Cherry Cobbler
- Easy Air Fryer London Broil
- Kitchen Sink Cookies
- Fresh Strawberry Cake
- Fresh Baked Asparagus Tart
- Easy Air fryer Samosas
- Refreshing Strawberry Crunch Cake
- Spicy Sriracha Aioli