I mean YEAH! I love these Instant Pot Hawaiian Meatballs, so perfect and tasty, you’re going to want to make them again and again.
Savory tender meatballs cooked to perfection in the microwave covered in a sweet and tangy sauce just begging to be served over rice or pasta. These Instant Pot Hawaiian Meatballs have it ALL.
This Instant Pot Meatball Recipe makes a NICE BIG batch of meatballs. Make them when you’re going to have a crowd in the house. OR make them and put half away in the freezer for later.
Hawaiian Meatballs for Friends
This Instant Pot Meatball recipe is the PERFECT dish to make for friends who are in need of a meal. Got friends on a mealtrain or take them a meal? THIS RECIPE IS FOR YOU! Or them I guess…
I’m always wondering what meal to make for friends and this would be so nice. If you sent it over with cooked rice, in the right packaging they could eat half for dinner and put the other half in the freezer.
And by the right pacakaging I mean:
- Make and Cool the Hawaiin Meatballs
- Make and Cool Rice
- place 1/2 of each in a container for dinner THAT night
- place the OTHER half in a freezer container for dinner later
- label them clearly
- send both over with reheating instructions
How to Change Up this Hawaiian Instant Pot Meatballs Recipe
Oh there’s a lot of ways to change this Instant Pot meatball recipe. Try ANY of the variations below:
- add an EXTRA can of crushed pineapple
- substitute ground pork for half of the ground beef
- add chunky pineapple instead
- add a good squirt of Sriracha to the sauce
- use a Korean BBQ sauce instead of your normal sauce
- add a TBSP of brown sugar to the sauce
How Many Meatballs in a Pound of Ground Beef?
Generally speaking, you can about 22 nice sized meatballs from a pound of ground meat. That’s about 3/4 of an ounce per meatball. You can always make them bigger or smaller but for general purposes consider meatballs less than an ounce to be the right size for eating in 1-2 bites.
Our OTHER Favorite Instant Pot Meals
- Instant Pot Stuffed Pork Chops
- Instant Pot Chicken and Noodles
- Pork Loin Chops and Spanish Rice
- Instant Pot Beef Stew
- Instant Pot Chile Verde
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder or Granules
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- Tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 10 ounce can crushed pineapple
- 5-6 green onions, chopped
- place trivet in Instant Pot, add one cup of water
- In a mixing bow combine everything from the beef through the dried parsley
- make into 44 meatballs, you can make them bigger or smaller if you like
- stack the meatballs on the trivet in your prepared Instant Pot, yes you can stack them on top of each other!
- place the lid on the pot, sealing it, be sure to turn the knob to sealing
- press manual high pressure, adjust time to 7 minutes
- let the Instant Pot do its thing
- when it's finished remove the meatballs and the trivet, drain off the water
- put the sauce ingredients in the inner pot set to saute, and just gently warm the sauce
- add the meatballs back and cook another 2-3 minutes with the sauce
- Serve over rice or noodles, or with bread
- Recipe can be halved
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Let’s Make Bangers and Mash!
- Rustic Fougasse Bread Recipe
- Crispy Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Easy Danish Pastry
- How to Make Churros
- Red Velvet Hot Cocoa Bombs Recipe
- Dampfnudel for the GBBO Bake-Along
- How to Cover Bread Dough
- Viennese Whirls Recipe with American Measurements!
- How to Make Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Stanley Classics Makes Outdoor Fun Warm and Tasty
- Lemon Drizzle Cake for the Bake-Along!