I taught an Instant Pot Class the other day and we made these instant pot pork chops. And as we stood there cooking and chatting I realized I’d never shared this recipe for Pork Chops with Spanish Rice in the Instant Pot. Oops, I guess I thought it wasn’t
I don’t even know. But it’s definitely quick and easy and OH SO TASTY! Remember it when you’re looking for a dinner to make in no time flat.
Pork Chops with Spanish Rice in the Instant Pot
One-Pot Instant Pot Meal
With this recipe, you get a true “One Pot Meal” right in your Instant Pot. You’ve got your pork chops, browned and perfect. A can of chopped tomatoes mixed with white rice. And all the perfect seasonings to bring it together.
This is my kind of meal too because school nights are always busy with scouts, orchestra, welding lessons, and so on. With this recipe, you can put dinner on, organize everything else, feed kids and get out the door fast.
Make it your own
This is one of those recipes you can make your own. I am telling you now that you can absolutely switch up the tomatoes by using fire-roasted or stewed tomatoes. Or double the pork chops or the rice if you have teens.
Doubling the Recipe
If you DO decide to double the pork chops on this recipe OR double the whole thing remember in the Instant Pot you don’t need additional cooking time. Because it’s heating the whole pot whether it’s one chop or 10, so the time is the same.
At the same time do NOT shove more in your pot that it can hold that will make a HUGE mess, don’t even ask me how I know
About your Pork Chops with Spanish Rice in the Instant Pot
- boneless chops work best in this recipe because they cook up nice and quick, you could use bone-in chops but make sure they’re thin cut
- this recipe calls for either White Long Grain Basmati OR Jasmine Rice, if you want to use another rice please look up instant pot cook times for that rice, brown rice takes about 12-18 minutes depending on what kind you cook
- The rice and the chops really do need that time during natural release to finish cooking and absorb the flavors, you can open the pot right away but the meat won’t be as tender and the whole dish will not be as flavorful
Love your Instant Pot? Try my other Instant Pot recipes!
- Instant Pot Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Brownies
- Instant Pot Short Ribs
- Instant Pot Stuffed Pork Chops
- Easy Chile Verde!
Quick and Easy Spanish Rice in the Rice Cooker
- 1 TBSP oil
- 2 teaspoon garlic granules
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoon salt more as needed
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 2 TBSP butter
- set the Instant Pot to Saute and put the oil in the inner pot
- mix the spices and salt together and rub a little on each chop, reserve the rest for the rice
- when the oil is hot quickly brown each chop on both sides
- meanwhile use your kitchen shears to chop the diced tomatoes directly in the can, you just want to cut them a little smaller, you can always get petite chopped tomatoes but they don't sell those in bulk at the warehouse stores
- remove the chops from the hot oil, set aside
- pour the water in the pot and scrape all the browned bits up, stir for about 30 seconds
- then add the rice, tomatoes, and the rest of the spices to the pan, top with the butter
- put the browned chops on top of the rice
- close Instant Pot
- press the off button to stop the saute setting, then set it to manual for 4 minutes, make sure the release valve is set to seal
- once it's finished let it natural release for 10 minutes, fluff the rice and then serve up dinner