And this post contains affiliate links if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission.
I taught an Instant Pot Class the other day and we made these instant pot pork chops. And as we stood there cooking and chatting I realized I’d never shared this recipe for Pork Loin Chops with Spanish Rice in the Instant Pot.
Oops, I guess I thought it wasn’t
Pork Loin Chops with Spanish Rice in the Instant Pot
One-Pot Instant Pot Meal
With this recipe, you get a true “One Pot Meal” right in your Instant Pot. You’ve got your pork chops, browned and perfect.
A can of chopped tomatoes mixed with white rice. And all the perfect seasonings to bring it together.
This is my kind of meal too because school nights are always busy with scouts, orchestra, welding lessons, and so on. With this recipe, you can put dinner on, organize everything else, feed kids and get out the door fast.
Make it your own
This is one of those recipes you can make your own. I am telling you now that you can absolutely switch up the tomatoes by using fire-roasted or stewed tomatoes. Or double the pork chops or the rice if you have teens.
You could probably add salsa instead of the tomatoes if you wanted too. Endless modifications to this recipe!
Doubling the Recipe
If you DO decide to double the pork chops in this recipe OR double the whole thing remember in the Instant Pot you don’t need additional cooking time. Because it’s heating the whole pot whether it’s one chop or 10, so the time is the same.
At the same time do NOT shove more in your pot that it can hold that will make a HUGE mess, don’t even ask me how I know.
I created this recipe using an Instant Pot just like the one below. [That is an affiliate link, if you purchase through the link I will make a small commission]
About your Pork Loin Chops with Spanish Rice in the Instant Pot
- boneless chops work best in this recipe because they cook up nice and quick, you could use bone-in chops but make sure they’re thin cut
- this recipe calls for either White Long Grain Basmati OR Jasmine Rice, if you want to use another rice please look up instant pot cook times for that rice, brown rice takes about 12-18 minutes depending on what kind you cook, the sticky short grain is probably not the best for this recipe.
- The rice and the chops really do need that time during natural release to finish cooking and absorb the flavors, you can open the pot right away but the meat won’t be as tender and the whole dish will not be as flavorful
Love your Instant Pot? Try my other Instant Pot recipes!
- Instant Pot Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Brownies
- Instant Pot Short Ribs
- Instant Pot Stuffed Pork Chops
- Easy Chile Verde!
FAQs About Pork Chops with Spanish Rice
- Do you cook the rice first? No, it goes in raw and cooks in 4 minutes, that’s how long basmati takes in the IP. I know it’s quick!
- Why is my rice sticking? The number one reason the rice sticks in this recipe is that it wasn’t completely rinsed. Put it in a colander and rinse under cool water until the water runs clear. Washing off the rice keeps it from getting sticky.
- Why is this sticking and burning? A couple of things could be going on here:
First, it’s really important that you rinse the rice as described above. Second, it’s very important that when you add the water you take the time to scrape the bottom of the pot to get all browned bits up.
Third, put the chops on the bottom, add all the other ingredients, then add the rice
Fourth, do not stir the rice in, just pour it in and seal the pot!
And finally, you could also be using a different pot than the Instant Pot DUO60 7/1 which is the pot I used to make this recipe.
- 1 TBPS oil
- 4 loin pork chops, boneless
- 1-2 teaspoon cumin, use the lesser amount if you don't care for cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup water
- 1 16 ounce can of tomatoes, use stewed, chopped, or fire roasted
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 cup rinsed white rice
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- turn on the Instant Pot to saute and add the oil to the cooking pan
- let it heat while you prep the chops
- mix the seasonings from cumin through the paprika together
- sprinkle the chops with seasonings
- when the oil is hot, shake off the excess seasoning from the chops, brown the chops in the Instant Pot
- while the chops are browning take the time to make sure you've rinsed the rice so the water runs clear, put it in a sieve and rinse until the water is clear. This step is so important to keep the rice from sticking.
- when they're browned remove to a plate
- add the water to the Instant Pot and scrape up the browned bits, really work on this step to keep the rice from sticking and burning
- add any leftover seasonings, tomatoes, cilantro, and butter, to the pot, stir to combine and let it come to a boil
- add the chops
- then pour in the rice on top of the chops, do not stir it
- put the lid on the Instant Pot, set the knob to seal, press cancel, then set it for manual for 4 minutes
- once the pot signals that it's done let it natural release for 10 minutes
Amount Per Serving Calories 489Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 147mgSodium 797mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 3gSugar 3gProtein 43g
This nutrition information was calculated using a computer program, results may vary.