This post contains affiliate links if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission.
When you NEED comfort food fast, try this Instant Pot Chicken and Noodles. It’s like a big bowl of HUGS right when you need it most.
Perfect Instant Pot chicken soup, thick homemade noodles, and just the right amount of broth, make this chicken and noodles just lie grandma used to make. Only quicker.
Is Chicken and Noodles, just Instant Pot Chicken Soup?
It’s really like the best Chicken Soup, with big fat noodles, all cooked up together. No vegetables. That’s chicken noodle soup. Chicken and Noodles is completely different, it’s only chicken and thick chunky homemade noodles.
When you add vegetables it becomes a chicken noodle soup, which is fine but it’s NOT chicken and noodles.
Chicken and Noodles in the Instant Pot?
Sometimes you need something different in the Instant Pot. This one’s for you! It’s like grandmas working quadruple time in your kitchen. If you’re looking for old fashioned homemade chicken and noodles, not in the Instant Pot, then try out my cook all day versions, it really is JUST like my mom used to make. It’s oh so good.
Do I have to Make Homemade Noodles for this Instant Pot Chicken and Noodles?
NOPE! I mean it’s what I made because it’s what we like but you don’t have to make them from scratch. I’ve put the recipe for my noodles IN the recipe below. If you’ve never made homemade noodles, they are fun to try but maybe not on a busy night when you’ve never made them?
When you’re facing THAT kind of night keep these homemade egg noodles on hand for QUICK noodles. I love these quick egg noodles, I really do! And I need to remember to buy more of them because they can make any soup BETTER.
When I Do Make Homemade Noodles I Don’t Do It Alone
I start by making the dough in my Kitchenaid Mixer. After I let it rest, I use the Pasta Attachments to make my homemade noodles. it makes the WHOLE process so much easier!
You can roll out big flat sheets and cut them by hand OR use one of the attachments to cut your noodles for you! SO EASY!
Good old fashioned chicken and noodles but in the Instant Pot!
- 1 cup + 2 1/2 Tablespoons of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons of water
- 6 quarts of chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- salt and pepper to taste, add after cooking is complete
- If you're Using Store Bought Noodles NO SHAME just skip to the Stewing Chicken Portion of this recipe card, and when it's time to add the pasta simply follow the directions on YOUR pasta, adding them when the pot of chicken is boiling on saute
- For the Noodles: mix the flour and salt in the bowl of a Kitchenaid Mixer
- stir the water and egg together
- pour into the flour mixture stir it in by hand, if it's dry add a small amount of water
- let the machine knead it with the dough hook for about a minute
- once it's a soft dough, remove it from the bowl, wrap in plastic wrap and set it aside
- For the Stewed Chicken: set the Instant Pot to saute and pour the broth and the water into the Inner Pot
- add the seasonings and bay leaf
- let the liquid heat while you cut the chicken in bite-size pieces
- add the chicken, stir to mix it up
- put the lid on, set to seal, press stop, then press manual
- set the time for 7 minutes, this will give you very well-cooked chicken and it will be soft
- While the Instant Pot does it's thing Put the Pasta Sheet Attachment on your Kitchenaid
- Lay out a piece of parchment paper to put your pasta on
- divide the dough into thirds and flatten 1/3 of it and dust it with flour
- turn on the Kitchenaid to stir and dust the Pasta Attachment with flour
- feed the flattened piece of dough into the Pasta Attachment on #1
- feed it through a few times until it's no longer getting bigger
- then move it to #2 repeat the same as #1
- then move it to #3 once you've flattened it on #3 dust it with flour and lay it on the parchment paper
- repeat with the other piece of dough
- then put the Noodle Cutter Attachment on and run the pasta through it
- put the cut noodles on the parchment paper, dust with flour if you need to keep it from sticking
- cut the noodles to the desired length
- when the IP goes off let it natural release at least 5 minutes, then carefully vent it
- set the pot to saute and when it's boiling hot drop in the noodles and cook until done about 3-4 minutes
- it's best to taste them for doneness so use a fork to fish one out, let it cool and taste it--if it's soft, and bites easily then it's done, if it's still hard and tastes like flour it's not done yet, let it cook longer
- once the noodles are cooked through it's time to taste for salt and pepper and serve up a big bowl of hot chicken and noodles
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.