This post contains affiliate links if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission.
Like almost too simple to even write up.
But here I am writing up this Easy Chile Verde Recipe because everyone needs this kind of soul-satisfying dinner in their meal repertoire.
I’ve made real Pork Chile Verde before, or at least as real as one can get using ingredients from a regular grocery store. It’s so delicious. But it takes forever or what feels like forever anyway.
My easy to make Pork Chile Verde uses Medium Green Chile Enchilada sauce to cut down on the ingredients and time need for this family fave.
And these days of teens, clubs, meetings, and practices I just don’t have time for forever. I have time for “throw it in the Instant Pot and let it cook while we search for the music sheets that went missing”.
Or the missing welding helmet.
Or the missing scout book.
You name it, it’s missing.
Instant Pot Pork Recipes Are a Family Fave!
What could be better than a fast family meal everyone loves to eat? Nothing! Brown some lean pork, chop some mushrooms, toss in the sauce ingredients, a dash of rinsed rice and cook on manual high heat for 4 minutes.
F O U R minutes. And because you’re already cooking IN the Instant Pot it comes up to heat quickly.
Serve it with warm tortillas, a quick salad and dinner is done.
If you’re looking for another fast and easy dinner recipe, this Baked Tilapia recipe from Money Saving Mom is what you need. The tilapia bakes for 15 minutes, and while it’s baking you can whip up a side and a salad, and call it done. Talk about fast!
About your Easy Chile Verde Recipe:
- you could add more pork to this recipe, just remember to never go above the fill line on your IP
- this recipe would work well with chicken too
- you can use Mild Green Enchilada Sauce too, although we do have one kid who can’t take any heat and the medium heat is never too hot for him
- I add mushrooms to help stretch the meat in the
recipe and cut costs if you don’t like mushrooms you could leave them out and add more pork this recipe was created and tested using jasmine rice, other ricesuch as basmati may have different cook times
- BE SURE to rinse the rice 1-2 times and drain well, this can alleviate sticking to the pot
This is the Instant Pot I Used to Make this Chile Verde Recipe
Love Instant Pot Recipes?
- Instant Pot Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Brownies
- Instant Pot Short Ribs
- Instant Pot Stuffed Pork Chops
- Easy Chile Verde!
Make this SUPER Easy Chile Verde Recipe in your Instant Pot. Dinner is done in UNDER 30 minutes, it's simple and tastes great too!
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic granules
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds lean pork, cut in bite size pieces
- 6 ounces white mushrooms, sliced to bite size
- 28 ounces green enchilada sauce, medium heat
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp chopped cilantro
- 3/4 cup uncooked white rice, basmati or jasmine, rinse well before using
- put inner pot in the Instant Pot, set to saute
- add 1 TBSP of the cooking oil and let it heat
- meanwhile mix the flour, salt, garlic granules, and black pepper in a bowl
- add half the the cut up pork to the bowl and toss to cover with the flour
- when the oil is hot in the Instant Pot add the dredged pork, use a slotted spoon to lift the pork out of the flour and place carefully in the hot oil
- let it cook for 1-2 minutes before stirring, while it's cooking go ahead and get the rest of the pork rolled in flour
- stir the cooking pork so it starts to brown on all sides, not completley cooking just lightly browing up the flour
- when it's browned, 5 minutes total, remove to a plate covered with a paper towel or brown paper bag and let it drain
- add the second TBSP of oil to the pot and repeat the cooking process for a total of about 10 minutes to brown all the meat
- once it's done remove it from the pan to drain, add the water to the pan, it will steam up so be aware of that
- while it's bubbling and boiling scrape the bottom of the pot to get all the browned bits off, then add the sliced mushrooms
- pour in the enchilada sauce, the chopped garlic, cilantro, and browned pork, stir well
- sprinkle the rinsed rice over the top of everything, and stir well
- place the lid on the instant pot, set to seal
- press cancel on the pot, then manual, set the time to 4 minutes for jasmine rice, 5 minutes for basmati
- the pot should come to pressure fairly quickly because it was nice and hot to start with
- once the timer counts down and the pot beeps let it natural release for 8-10 minutes before serving
- Rinsing the rice keeps it from sticking so be sure to give the rice a couple of rinses 1-2 should do the trick
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.