Busy days call for dinner cooked and ready to go. Call on my fast and fabulous Instant Pot Sloppy Joes to feed your family fast and you won’t be sorry!
Do you need Sloppy Joes for a crowd?
Double this recipe and you’ll make enough for a crowd of hungry teens or any work party you need to feed!
Can you make Sloppy Joes in the Instant Pot? Is it worth it?
Instant Pot Sloppy Joes are absolutely worth it! You don’t need to use your stove which means you can make these anywhere your Instant Pot will plugin.
Camping? YES! Taking it with you? YES! Remodeling? YES! You can make Sloppy Joes just about anywhere when you use the Instant Pot.
And yes it is worth it to use the instant pot. You can brown the meat, drain it, add the sauce, seal it up and walk away.
Finish whatever you were doing while dinner finishes itself. Set the table, add a salad, put out the buns and boom dinner is ready. So quick and only ONE pan to wash, which I love too!
Big Batch Sloppy Joes for a Crowd
Got a crowd to feed and not a lot of time OR money?? Sloppy Joes are your go-to for feeding a crowd, just double this recipe to make enough for 24 sandwiches!
You can make the filling up ahead of time and just keep it warm and ready to go. Folks can eat anytime they need to, so perfect when not everyone is hungry! AND everyone can make their own size sandwich, just for them. Plus like I said it’s not going to bust your budget to feed a hungry crew all day long.
About your Instant Pot Sloppy Joes:
- Make sure to never fill your Instant Pot ABOVE the max fill line, this recipe was tested in a 6qt Instant Pot
- Because this recipe is making a saucy sauce it’s not something that HAS to be perfect–use a little more OR less of any ingredient and it will still be JUST FINE! (my fave kind of recipe to be honest!)
- If you’re making this ahead of time be sure to Pressure Cook it FIRST then switch to Keep Warm that way it’s ready to roll
- Remember if you want Sloppy Joes for a CROWD you should double this recipe to make up to 24 sandwiches!
Other AMAZING Instant Pot Recipes
- Pork Chops and Spanish Rice in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Chile Verde
- Lasagna Soup
- Instant Pot Brownies
- Instant Pot Cheesecake
This is the Instant Pot I Currently use and can Recommend
Busy days call for dinner cooked and ready to go. Call on my fast and fabulous Instant Pot Sloppy Joes to feed your family fast.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery , chopped
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 TBSP tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 TBSP brown sugar
- 1 TBSP worsestershire sauce
- 1 TBSP cider vinegar, I like an extra splash myself!
- 1 tsp smoke flavor
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt, to taste, add after pressure cooking
- 12 hamburger buns
thickening if needed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 TBSP corn starch
- turn Instant Pot on to Saute and let it warm up
- add beef, cook until browned, drain as needed
- add remaining ingredients, stir together in the Instant Pot
- put lid on the pot, turn to close, set vent to pressure
- press stop, then manual, set to 7 minutes, and let it do it's magic
- let the pot cool down 10 minutes after it beeps, this allows the flavors to come together fully, open and carefully taste for salt and pepper
- if your mixture seems too juicy for sandwiches turn the pot back to saute, mix the water and corn starch together in a slurry, add a scoop of juice to make sure the corn starch doesn't seize, then stir it ALL back in the pot, cook and stir until thickened and bubbly
- serve on buns
- taste for salt, pepper, add as needed--also do you like how it tastes? Does it need more of anything? Be sure to taste and amend before serving for best results
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size12 sandwiches
Amount Per Serving Calories 285Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 50mgSodium 443mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 1gSugar 7gProtein 21g
This nutrition information was calculated using a computer program, results may vary.