This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
Need to make wings that stand out in a crowd? Try these Lemon Pepper Wings made in the Air Fryer. They make a nice change from traditional hot wings or honey barbecue wings! Or even an awesome ADDITION to your game day spread!
Crispy, tangy, zingy lemon pepper wings are fried to crispy perfection in the air fryer. Yes, one more awesome way to utilize your air fryer!
What kind of Lemon Pepper do I need?
You can use ANY kind of lemon pepper seasoning you like. The first time I bought lemon pepper it was the cheapest kind in the store. It was ok, but not FABULOUS!
Penzeys has GREAT Lemon Pepper Seasoning, or just go for one in your grocery store that’s a little higher quality than citric acid and yellow food dye. Look for one with lemon oil or lemon zest.
Even IF you can’t find a quality lemon pepper seasoning, kick yours up a bit with some EXTRA fresh ground black pepper and a little lemon zest.
How to make CRISPY chicken skin
If you make chicken in the oven OR air fryer you can make it crispier if you add a little baking powder to the spice mix and then rub it on the skin of ANY poultry you’re cooking. You can read details about the WHY over on Serious Eats.
Be SURE you don’t add baking soda, it will be gross if you do!
What do you need for these Crispy Air Fryer Wings?
- An Air Fryer–this recipe was tested on a Cosori MAX XL 5.8
- chicken wings, either already processed for use as wings OR whole wings you cut apart
- baking powder
- lemon pepper seasoning
- garlic powder OR garlic granules
- oil, something light like light olive oil or avocado oil
Our FAVORITE Air Fryer Snacks
Crispy Lemon Pepper Wings in the Air Fryer
- 1 pound chicken wings flats and drumettes
- 2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 2 TBSP oil I used light olive oil
- preheat the air fryer at 400° for five minutes
- meanwhile pat the wings dry, as dry as you can make them, with paper towels, set aside
- mix the lemon pepper, garlic, and baking powder together
- rub oil all over the wings, then sprinkle with lemon pepper mix, and rub it all over
- when the air fryer is hot add the wings to the basket in a single layer
- air fry on 390° for 5 minutes, flip over
- air fry again for 5 minutes
- flip over and cook again for 3-4 minutes, use an instant-read thermometer to check for doneness in the thickest wing in the basket, you're looking for a finished temperature of 160°, it will rise by 5 degrees after you take it out of the air fryer, remove once they hit 160°