To know me is to know I LOVE BUFFALO EVERYTHING! And this Crispy Buffalo Chicken Salad is no exception!
I think you’ll love it too. It’s got everything you need and want in a salad. Fresh lettuce, chopped veggies, a good protein, and easy toppings!
The first time I EVER tried a salad like this was at the Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney. I ordered their big salad and a side of buffalo chicken strips. When I put them together the waitress was skeptical. But damn it was delish!
Now, whenever we go out I look for those items on the menu. Thankfully a local restaurant, Palmer City Alehouse, makes a buffalo chicken salad thats pretty decent! I would link to their site but google is telling me their site is not HTTPS, but look them up if you’re interested.
What’s in A Crispy Buffalo Chicken Salad?
- Chopped Lettuce or Greens, your choice!
- Chopped Celery (add as much as you like!)
- Chopped Bell Peppers (add as much as you like or sub in shredded carrots!)
- 2-3 frozen Crispy Buffalo Chicken Strips OR for less heat try plain fried chicken strips or these Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets
- Blue Cheese Crumbles
- Hot Wing Sauce
- *salad dressing if you like*
How Long Does This Buffalo Chicken Salad Take to Make?
No time at all! Start baking the chicken first, assemble all the ingredients, make the salad and you’re almost done! When the chicken is baked, slice it and add it to the salad!
WHAT Kind of Chicken do you use?
ANY kind of chicken YOU like. As long as YOU like it, it’s going to taste good to you. You can use any of these in your buffalo chicken salad:
- pre-made frozen buffalo chicken strips
- popcorn buffalo chicken
- chicken strips from the deli counter
- Nashville hot chicken strips from the deli counter (Safeway has these!)
- grilled buffalo chicken
- or plain chicken strips work well too!
If you LOVE salad…
Like I love salads you have got to try my Club Sandwich Salad. Everything in a clubhouse sandwich but IN a salad! It’s by far my favorite salad and I do say it’s probably one the most popular recipes on the site. TRY IT!
Looking for more Buffalo Flavor? Try this Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad!
And if THAT salad doesn’t tempt you what about this fabulous Rueben Salad? It’s my kids favorite salad. It’s so easy to through together and it takes fabulous too!
Ok ok LAST ONE I promise! Try this Cobb Salad. NO BAKE. NO COOK. NO PROBLEM! Just shop the deli and the next thing you know you’re serving the most excellent Cobb Salad!
- 4 oz serving buffalo chicken strips
- 4-6 cups chopped or shredded lettuce, you can sub in chopped greens
- 1/2 cup chopped bell peppers, OR use chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup buffalo chicken sauce
- 1/4 blue cheese crumbles
- your favorite salad dressing, blue cheese works well here!
- pre-heat oven, and bake chicken strips if they're frozen
- put lettuce in a large soup bowl or on a large plate
- sprinkle the bell pepper and celery over it
- when the chicken is baked through, slice it while it's still hot and lay over the salad
- drizzle with buffalo chicken sauce
- sprinkle with blue cheese crumbles
- serve with your salad dressing on the side or drizzle over