This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
Looking for something FUN to make in your air fryer?? How about these SUPER CUTE Air Fryer Pop-Tarts? Sure they’re dressed up for Valentine’s Day but you can make and serve these ANY DAY!
Fresh Cherry Pie filling OR canned pie filling all snuggled up in a pie crust shell slathered with vanilla frosting and sprinkles make these Air Fryer Pop-Tarts PERFECT for Valentine’s Day!
Or ANY DAY.
ABout that Cherry Pie Filling
Now OBVIOUSLY you CAN use ANY kind of pie filling you like. I can’t recommend this Bing Cherry Pie Filling ENOUGH! It’s so refreshing and not overly sweet!
BUT at the same time, you can ALSO use any FLAVOR of pie filling as well. Canned or homemade either will work! And be sure to buy the smallest can possible, you only need a little for this recipe.
ALSO, try jam in these! A very thick jam will make the perfect filling for homemade pop tarts. Again any flavor works, what’s your favorite? I think Rhubarb would be amazing!
What do I need to Make Air Fryer Pop Tarts?
- An Air Fryer I use and love the Cosori 5.8
- Pre-Made Pie Crust
- 1 Egg
- Cherry Pie Filling–THE SMALLEST CAN YOU CAN FIND OR jam works too!
- Vanilla OR Cream Cheese Frosting
- Valentine’s Day Sprinkles OR any other sprinkles you like!
- Measuring Spoons
- Pastry Brush
- heart shaped cookie cutter, the bigger the heart the less pop-tarts you’ll have and the longer they cook!
Love Your AIr Fryer?? ME TOO!
If your family loves your air fryer as much as we do, let me share our favorite recipes with you!
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Crackers-they sound ridiculous but they are delicious!
- New York Strip
- Crispy Air Fryer Pork Chops
- BBQ Pork Chops
- 2 pre-made pie crusts
- 3/4 cup cherry pie filling OR jam
- 1 egg yolk
- tub of vanilla or cream cheese frosting
- sprinkles (if desired)
- gently unroll the pie crusts, use a rolling pin to make them about an inch bigger overall
- use a cookie cutter to cut out heart shapes
- lay half of them on a baking sheet
- drop about 1 1/2 teaspoons of filling on the hearts
- lay another heart on top and use a fork to crimp around the edges
- chill the hearts while you preheat the air fryer at 380 for 5-8 minutes
- beat the egg yolk with a fork and brush the top heart with beaten egg
- lay several hearts in the basket of the preheated air fryer
- air fry on 380 for 5-8 minutes or until brown
- remove carefully and lay on a cooling rack
- repeat baking with remaining hearts
- cool all completely
- then spread with frosting and top with sprinkles
These pop tarts can be made any size you like. So you can make 10 smaller hearts or less big hearts it is up to you. The bigger the hearts the longer the bake time so be aware that smaller hearts 2-3 inches cook up in 5 minutes while bigger hearts cook up in 7-8 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 204Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 18mgSodium 155mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 1gSugar 5gProtein 2g
This nutrition information was calculated using a computer program, results may vary.
- Chicken Fajita Casserole
- Best Antipasto Salad: Teen Approved
- Easy Chicken Piccata
- Simple Peasant Bread
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Buffalo Chicken Air Fryer Egg Rolls
- Classic Chicken And Dumplings
- Air Fryer Cajun Shrimp
- Classic Bourbon Pecan Pie
- Air Fryer Crab Rangoon
- Vol Au Vent Pastry Shells
- Bacon Wrapped Pickles in the AIr Fryer
- Old Fashioned Chocolate No Bakes
- Air Fryer Pumpkin Seeds
- Stuffed Banana Peppers
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Shrimp