This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
These crispy baked Air Fryer Pork Chops are rolled in panko and spices and cooked to perfection in the air fryer. Need bone-in chops that are crispy outside, juicy inside? This recipe is for you!
This is the recipe for bone-in pork chops in the air fryer that we all need in our lives. So simple to make and so quick to cook you’ll find yourself turning to this recipe again and again.
Once you buy the panko bread crumbs everything else is probably IN your pantry already. There’s nothing special about the rest of the ingredients.
Don’t have Panko? I highly suggest you pick some up, the difference between Panko and bread crumbs is so vast that overall those would be different pork chops. BUT if you have them and you don’t want to buy Panko try it! They’ll still be crispy pork chops.
What Do I need to make Crispy Chops?
- Air Fryer ( I use and LOVE the Cosori!)
- 1-2 pounds pork chops, bone-in
- garlic powder
- Italian Seasonings (spice blend, not the salad dressing mix)
- Oil in a spray bottle
Why are my Air Fryer Pork Chops Tough?
Typically air fryer pork chops are tender and juicy. If your chops are tough you might have overcooked them. Use an instant-read thermometer to test for doneness. Also, remember to pull them out of the air fryer at 5˚ BELOW your desired doneness because meat continues to cook after it’s taken off the heat.
You may also have been trying to use boneless pork chops. Boneless chops have a tendency to be very lean and cook very quickly. This often leads to them being dry. Bone-in chops are rarely dry unless overcooked.
How long to cook chops in the air fryer?
Generally, the timing is 14-16 minutes at 400˚, depending on thickness and if it’s boneless or not. The BEST way to know how long to cook pork chops in the air fryer is by using a digital thermometer. And cook them until they reach an internal temperature of 145˚. Be sure to let them rest before serving so they finish cooking. If you like them more well done cook them to 155˚.
Looking for ANOTHER amazing way to make chops in the air fryer? Try my Air Fryer Barbecue Pork Chops! With a spice rub AND a good slather of barbecue sauce, you can’t go wrong with them! And if you need a good side dish to serve with these check out this recipe for Moroccan Potatoes! Or make your veg dish in the Air Fryer too and make these Air Fryer Green Beans.
- 1 1/2 pounds pork chop, bone-in
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 TBSP oil
- 3-4 spritzes of oil from an spray bottle
- preheat the air fryer to 400˚ for five minutes
- while it preheats pat the pork chops dry
- mix the panko and spices together in a bowl
- put the oil in a separate bowl
- toss the pork chops with the oil
- then press in the panko mix
- when the air fryer is preheated lay a parchment paper liner in it if you want to use one
- lay the chops in the basket, spritz lightly with oil, and close the air fryer, you may want to cook the chops in 2 batches
- set the air fryer to 400˚ and the timer for 12 minutes for 1 inch thick chops
- cook for 6 minutes and flip cook until the timer goes off and check the temperature it should read 145˚ with a five minute rest time the pork chops will be perfectly done
- if they're not to 145˚ yet cook another 1-2 minutes and check again
- once the chops hit 145˚ remove and let them rest for 5 minutes
- if you are doing two batches cook the second batch while the air fryer is still hot
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Crispy Air Fryer Cod
- Air Fryer BBQ Pork steak
- Easy Air Fryer London Broil
- The BEST Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Air Fryer Grilled Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer Mini Meatloaf Recipe
- Easy Oven BBQ Pork Chops
- Almost Wendy’s Jalapeño Popper Salad
- Air Fryer Stuffed Pork Chops
- Crispy Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Stuffed Turkey Breast
- Air Fryer New York Strip Steaks
- Vegan Sausage Rolls
- Easy Barbecued Chicken in the Oven
- A Seasonal and Savory Stuffed Pumpkin
- Air Fryer BBQ Pork Chops