This post contains affiliate links if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
These Air Fryer BBQ Pork Chops are SO juicy and tender you’ll wonder why you ever made them any other way! Who knew Bone-In Pork Chops in the Air Fryer could be SO AMAZING.
BBQ Bone-In Pork Chops start with a sweet and savory rub, then they’re partially roasted in the Air Fryer. And THEN they’re slathered in your favorite BBQ Sauce for a knock-out finishing touch!
What do I need to make Air Fryer Bone-In Pork Chops?
One of the best things about these BBQ pork chops is that they don’t require ANYTHING special. You lean on pantry staples for the spice rub and you can use any BBQ sauce you like, yes even homemade!
To Make these Air Fryer BBQ Pork Chops You Will Need:
- an Air Fryer–I use and LOVE the Cosori 5.8 quart
- parchment paper liners if you like them, they aren’t necessary though!
- 1-1 1/4 pounds bone-in pork chops
- paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, salt, and pepper
- brown sugar
- light olive oil
- barbecue sauce
- pastry brush
FAQs About Cooking Bone-In Pork Chops in the Air Fryer
You can! They aren’t as FAST to cook as boneless but they’re very tender which makes up it. From my personal experience bone-in cuts of meat take 3-4 minutes longer than their boneless counterparts.
That depends on the size of the chops and how thick they are. 4-6 ounce chops about 1 inch thick generally should be fully cooked in 14-16 minutes. And fully cooked means cooked to 145˚ on a meat thermometer and then left to rest for 3-5 minutes. Your chops may vary according to weight AND thickness so be ready to adjust cooking times as needed.
In my opinion, you should turn pork chops over when cooking in the air fryer. It ensures cooking is taking place evenly.
It’s better to cook in two batches if your chops are large and won’t fit in an even layer. To make the best pork chops the air should be able to circulate around the chops. You may need to cook in two batches, cooking one batch, then the second, and then in the last few minutes of cooking add the first batch back to rewarm them
YES! When you have a hot air fryer your food cooks more quickly.
We love air fryer recipes!
If you love the air fryer too check out our recent faves!
- 1 1/4 pound bone-in pork chops
- 2 TBSP oil
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Barbecue Sauce
- preheat the air fryer at 400˚ for 5 minutes
- pat pork chops dry
- put oil in shallow bowl or pan
- mix the remaining ingredients together
- dip each chop in the oil
- the rub over with the spice mixture
- place in the air fryer basket
- cook at 390˚ for 10 minutes for two thick chops, cook for 7 minutes if cooking thin chops, flip the chops halfway through the cooking time
- after 10 minutes check the temperature with a meat thermometer, it should read about 145˚
- if after 10 minutes it doesn't 145˚-150˚ cook for 2-3 more minutes until it does
- once it hits 145˚ brush the tops with half the barbecue sauce
- cook 1-2 minutes, flip and brush with the remaining barbecue sauce, cook again for 1-2 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165˚
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
4 Pieces Pastry Brushes Basting Oil Brush with Boar Bristles and Beech Hardwood Handles Barbecue Oil Brush for Spreading Butter Cooking Baking Brush (1 Inch, 1 1/2 Inch)
COSORI Air Fryer Max XL(100 Recipes) Digital Hot Oven Cooker, One Touch Screen with 13 Cooking Functions, Preheat and Shake Reminder, 5.8 QT, Black
Waterproof Digital Instant Read Thermometer
Serving Size1 chop
Amount Per Serving Calories 414Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 119mgSodium 536mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 1gSugar 11gProtein 37g
This nutrition information was calculated using a computer program, results may vary.
- Air Fryer Gingerbread cookies
- Crispy Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Classic Chocolate Crinkles
- Sablé Breton Tart for the GBBO
- Dark Chocolate Homemade Truffles
- Stuffed Turkey Breast
- Air Fryer New York Strip Steaks
- Vegan Sausage Rolls
- Two in One Pecan Pumpkin Pie
- Air Fryer French Toast
- Homemade Twix Bars
- Easy Barbecued Chicken in the Oven
- Seasonal Eggnog Cake
- Baklava: a GBBO Technical Bake
- A Seasonal and Savory Stuffed Pumpkin
- Cheese Stuffed Christmas Tree Bread