This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
If you LOVED my pecan pie without corn syrup recipe from last year, you’re going to love this Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe. Yep, I added a bit of (or more) chocolate to the recipe and it is PERFECTION.
Add a little (a lot of) chocolate
There’s only one thing better than the original old-fashioned pecan pie and that’s one with CHOCOLATE. And I’ve got it for you. Just keep scrolling because it’s at the bottom of this post.
Old Fashioned Pecan Pie Recipe
You know my Old Fashioned Pecan Pie Recipe is made without corn syrup, right? It is! I can’t stand to make it sweet for sweet’s sake, I want flavor! And my good old-fashioned pecan pie recipe has that, for sure.
For this Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe, you can use a pre-made crust, a mix, a store-bought crust OR better yet make it yourself. Any of them will work.
For the BEST taste you know I’m going to tell you to at LEAST try my recipe, right? It’s quick and easy in the food processor. But if you don’t have one I’ve got directions for making it by hand too.
At least go look at my Easy Pie Crust Recipe. Watch the videos, I walk you through it. I even share a live Facebook video.
The first time I made pie dough it was terrifying. I was so afraid to ruin it. But miraculously it turned out just fine. I think I even mixed it by hand without a food processor. In my recipe book, I wrote “homemade pie crust pretty AND tasty”
I used to think my Pecan Pie recipe was my GO-TO for any dessert occasion but now I’m thinking this Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe is my new fave.
What do you think will be your favorite? Regular or Chocolate Pecan Pie?
Need other Pecan Pie Recipes? Try These!
- Old Fashioned Pecan Pie made Without Corn Syrup
- Maple Pecan Pie
- Double Decker Pecan Pumpkin Pie
- Mini Pecan Pie
- Pecan Pie Bars
- 1 single pie crust
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- pre-heat the oven to 375˚
- line a regular pie pan with the crust, crimp the edges, place it in the refrigerator to chill
- melt the butter over medium heat
- meanwhile whisk the sugars, flour, and salt together
- when the butter is melted stir it into the sugars to help it cool down, about 5 minutes
- then whisk in the eggs and milk, mix until well combined
- stir in the pecans and chocolate
- bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes
- cool before serving
You can substitute chocolate chips for the chopped chocolate but they don't melt as well and Baker's chocolate.
Amount Per Serving Calories 552Total Fat 34gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 77mgSodium 226mgCarbohydrates 62gFiber 3gSugar 48gProtein 5g
This nutrition information was calculated using a computer program, results may vary.
- Air Fryer Crab Rangoon
- Vol Au Vent Pastry Shells
- Bacon Wrapped Pickles in the AIr Fryer
- Old Fashioned Chocolate No Bakes
- Air Fryer Pumpkin Seeds
- Stuffed Banana Peppers
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- Classic Beef and Dumplings
- Eggnog Cheesecake Squares
- Easy Air Fryer Potato Skins
- Air Fryer Panko Chicken
- Pain Aux Raisins
- Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
- Garibaldi Biscuits
- Easy Pumpkin Crunch Cake
- Easy Air Fryer Chuck Roast