Yeah I said it make this Quesadilla with Leftover Prime Rib Roast Recipe These quick and easy quesadillas make short work of any prime rib you happen to have leftover from your holiday dinner.
Leftover Prime Rib Roast Recipes
Let’s face it, you’re not alone in being bested by a holiday prime rib, it happens to everyone. BUT you can come out on top if you have a great leftover prime rib recipe. And these leftover prime rib quesadillas are here to save the day! And your leftovers.
But before we get TOO far you should also look at another recipe for using up your prime rib leftovers, this quick and simple Prime Rib and Gnocchi Skillet.
Store-bought gnocchi and prime rib pan-fried with whatever leftover veggies you happen to have. Or you can use non-leftover veggies, that works too. And it’s ready to eat in under 20 minutes.
Can I use Regular Steak or Leftover Roast Beef?
For these quesadillas, you can use ANY leftover cooked beef. So steak, roast, or pot roast. Even crumbled cooked hamburgers would work well in this recipe. Any cooked beef will work!
These leftover prime rib roast quesadillas are quick and easy too! I mean it’s basically tortillas, prime rib, Monterey Jack, and diced chiles. So easy!
You can sub out those chiles for salsa too. I happen to keep diced chiles on hand so it works for us.
I know a lot of people don’t like leftovers, in fact, they just chuck them right out. From what I’ve gathered they don’t like to eat the same food again.
In our house leftovers equal money, our food dollars! So finding a way to make one more meal always works for us. Plus I have teens and they can eat.
Leftovers? Yay or Nay?
How about you? Do you love or hate leftovers? I cook FOR leftovers so everyone has a hot lunch the next day. Working from home this is really nice because I don’t even have to think about it I just grab my box and eat lunch.
Anyway, I hope you like these easy quesadillas, we sure do!
Change up your Easy Quesadillas with Leftover Prime Rib Roast:
- Use cheddar in place of the Pepper Jack
- try fresh chiles in the quesadillas
- use leftover steak or beef roast
- try corn tortillas
- 4 ounces leftover prime rib or steak
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack, or other cheese
- 2 Tablespoons diced canned chiles
- 1 10-12 inch flour tortillas
- set 12-inch skillet over medium heat
- lay one flour tortilla in the skillet
- sprinkle on some of the cheese
- roughly chop the prime rib or steak into bite-size pieces
- scatter over the tortilla
- sprinkle the diced chiles evenly over the prime rib
- add the rest of the cheese and the last tortilla
- let it cook gently until the cheese starts to melt
- carefully turn it over and cook the other side until the meat is warm and the cheese is melted
- serve piping hot
Amount Per Serving Calories 989Total Fat 76gSaturated Fat 33gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 36gCholesterol 223mgSodium 1724mgCarbohydrates 138gFiber 8gSugar 1gProtein 81g
This nutrition information was calculated using a computer program, results may vary.