This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
Let’s make Pecan Pie Bars! This recipe for pecan pie bars brings all the gooey caramel, crispy pecans of my Old Fashioned Pecan Pie Made Without Corn Syrup to a portable cookie bar. That’s winning my friends!
Just imagine a thick shortbread cookie baked up crisp and tender. Fresh pecan pie topping, made without corn syrup, baked on top. Cut in bars.
Pecan Pie Bars
Hello, cookies perfect for the lunchbox. Hey there, cookies for Christmas. HI, cookies and coffee, anytime, any day!
If you want pecan pie flavor in a cookie this bar is it. These bake up in a 9×13 sheet pan, or some call it a quarter sheet pan.
NO CORN SYRUP
These bars do not contain corn syrup, just like my Pecan Pie without corn syrup and my Mini Pecan Pies! I don’t believe Pecan Pies deserve their over-sweet reputation. When you remove the corn syrup, the bars are still sweet but not nauseatingly sweet.
An old-fashioned pecan pie has flavor beyond that sweet mess we’ve all been led to believe that’s how they should be. Once you taste a pie made without corn syrup you’ll be sold!
What Do I need to Make pecan Bars?
For this recipe for pecan pie bars you’ll need just a few special tools:
- Food Processor (for the shortbread base!)
- parchment paper sheets for lifting the cookies out of the pan in one piece
- 9X13 baking sheet
- nut chopper OR sharp knife to chop pecans
Frequently Asked Questions About Pecan Pie Bars (and pecan pies)
YES!! Enthusiastically YES! All the best pies are made without corn syrup. And they’re better for it!
Probably the big reason your pie isn’t set or it’s soupy is that the recipe isn’t great OR you missed an ingredient. This recipe has a little flour in the filling to help it set up.
You can! I have used whiskey and rum instead of vanilla and the bars turn out great.
the answer is that if you cut the pan into 48 pieces each bar is under 130 calories. BUT that means you’re only eating one bar.
You can store them on the counter for 12 hours but they do best when stored in the fridge after that.
These cookies are very popular on cookie trays and at parties. And they make the perfect gift for anyone who doesn’t need more stuff, and that’s all of us. In fact, I’ve included them in my Big List of Handmade Homemade Edible Gifts. If you haven’t read that post yet, you’re going to want to read it ASAP. And then go stock up on baking supplies.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, use half if using salted butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups pecans
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 2 eggs
- pre-heat oven to 350˚
- put the flour, brown sugar, and salt, in the bowl of a food processor, give it a little pulse
- cut the butter in chunks and put it in the food processor, pulse until the mix looks like crumbs
- press in the bottom of a 9X13 pan, you can line it with foil or parchment if you like
- bake 15 minutes
- meanwhile, melt the butter
- while it's melting whisk the sugars and flour together
- once the butter is melted set it aside to cool a little
- roughly chop the pecans
- when the butter is cooler add it the sugar mix and whisk it in
- add the eggs and milk, whisk gently again
- then stir the pecans in with a wooden spoon
- when the timer goes off pour the pecan filling over the hot cookie base
- bake another 15-20 minutes or until the pie filling is cooked and evenly brown, when you pull it out of the oven check to see the jiggle if it sloshes around you need to cook it another 5 minutes
- cool completely before cutting, you can cut it as small as one-inch pieces or larger coffeehouse size bars
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Air Fryer Crab Rangoon
- Vol Au Vent Pastry Shells
- Bacon Wrapped Pickles in the AIr Fryer
- Old Fashioned Chocolate No Bakes
- Air Fryer Pumpkin Seeds
- Stuffed Banana Peppers
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- Classic Beef and Dumplings
- Eggnog Cheesecake Squares
- Easy Air Fryer Potato Skins
- Air Fryer Panko Chicken
- Pain Aux Raisins
- Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
- Garibaldi Biscuits
- Easy Pumpkin Crunch Cake
- Easy Air Fryer Chuck Roast