This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
This Two for One Pecan Pumpkin Pie is like the best of both worlds! Pecan Pie and Pumpkin Pie lovers will rejoice when presented with this pie that gives them both incredible pies in one delicious bite. And you better believe that this is a corn syrup free pecan pie too!
Classic pumpkin pie meets old-fashioned pecan pie in this people pleaser of a pie. Perfect pumpkin pie filling topped with a layer of pecan pie, all baked up in an all-butter crust!
I mean look at these layers!
Why make Pecan Pie without corn syrup??
One word: F L A V O R! I can’t for the life of me figure out why ANYONE would want to make a flat tasteless overly sweet corn syrup pie when you could be making an old-fashioned pie that tastes so much better.
I’ve got THE BEST Corn Syrup Free Pecan Pies for you right here:
- The OG Old Fashioned Pecan Pie without Corn Syrup
- Maple Pecan Pie
- Mini Pecan Pies
- Pecan Pie Bars
- Chocolate Pecan Pie
Why make a Pecan Pumpkin Pie?
It ALL started with me making one of those funny graphics for my Facebook Page that asked “Which One Is Your Pie Or Die for Thanksgiving?”
One friend said she like to bake a 1/2 and 1/2 pie and eat JUST the section where the two pies met. I thought that was hilarious and also interesting. So I looked it up but what I discovered was that you can make a two-layer pie. And so it was done.
I took the OG Libby’s Recipe for their half and half pie and used the pumpkin portion for the bottom of the pie. And then I made my pecan pie recipe and pour it over the top. AMAZING!
What do I need to make a Pecan Pumpkin Pie?
- A pie crust, one single pie crust fres, frozen, or refrigerated, jjust make sure it’s fitted gently into a pie pan before adding the fillings
- pumpkin puree
- brown suagr
- pumpkin pie spice
- a bowl
- 9 inch pie pan, don’t use a skimpy flat pyrex for this pie, it needs more room
- One Prepared Pie Crust, a pie crust fitted in a pie pan not yet baked
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- .833 cups sugar, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 TBSP flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 TBSP milk
- 1 cup pecan halves
- preheat the oven to 375˚
- set pie crust aside while you mix the pie filling, if it's in a metal pan it can rest in the fridge
- mix the pumpkin, 1 egg, 1/3 cup of sugar, and the pumpkin pie spice together
- scrape into the pie shell and level
- wipe out the bowl and mix the rest of the white sugar (1/2 cup), brown sugar, flour, and salt together
- then stir in the two eggs, melted butter, and milk
- whisk gently until smooth, do not beat this mixture just stir it until smooth with the whisk
- stir in the pecans
- pour over the top of the pumpkin mix
- bake in the preheated oven until the crust is browned and the pie is set
- cool completely before serving
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- BROOKIES From Scratch
- Crispy Air Fryer Cod
- Air Fryer BBQ Pork steak
- Strawberry Crunch Ice Cream Bars
- Our Favorite Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- Crispy Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Crispy Air Fryer Mushrooms
- Sweet Cherry Cobbler
- Easy Air Fryer London Broil
- Kitchen Sink Cookies
- Fresh Strawberry Cake
- Fresh Baked Asparagus Tart
- Easy Air fryer Samosas
- Refreshing Strawberry Crunch Cake
- Spicy Sriracha Aioli
- Maple Brown Sugar Roasted Acorn Squash