This post has affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you.
This Two for One Pecan Pumpkin Pie is like the best of both worlds! Pecan Pie and Pumpkin Pie lovers will rejoice when presented with this pie that gives them both incredible pies in one delicious bite. And you better believe that this is a corn syrup-free pecan pie too!
Classic pumpkin pie meets old-fashioned pecan pie in this people-pleaser of a pie. Perfect pumpkin pie filling topped with a layer of pecan pie, all baked up in an all-butter crust!
I mean look at these layers!
Why make Pecan Pie without corn syrup??
One word: F L A V O R! I can’t for the life of me figure out why ANYONE would want to make a flat tasteless overly sweet corn syrup pie when you could be making an old-fashioned pie that tastes so much better.
I’ve got THE BEST Corn Syrup Free Pecan Pies for you right here:
- The OG Old Fashioned Pecan Pie without Corn Syrup
- Maple Pecan Pie
- Mini Pecan Pies
- Pecan Pie Bars
- Chocolate Pecan Pie
Why make a Pumpkin Pecan Pie?
It ALL started with me making one of those funny graphics for my Facebook Page that asked “Which One Is Your Pie Or Die for Thanksgiving?”
A Facebook friend said she likes a Piecaken, pecan and pumpkin pie AND a cake all in one. Another friend said she likes to bake a 1/2 and 1/2 pie and eat JUST the section where the two pies met. I thought that was hilarious and also interesting. So I looked it up but what I discovered was that you can make a two-layer pie. And so it was done.
I took the OG Libby’s Recipe for their half-and-half pie and used the pumpkin portion for the bottom of the pie. You can also make this Pumpkin Pie with Evaporated Milk and use it instead of the OG Libby’s recipe. And then I made my pecan pie recipe and poured it over the top. AMAZING!
I’ve had several folks ask if you can make this gluten free. I think if you need a gluten-free version you could make this Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie and then go in with a gluten free pecan pie on top. I don’t know, I think it might work. Try it!
What do I need to make a Double Decker Pie?
- A pie crust, one single pie crust fres, frozen, or refrigerated, jjust make sure it’s fitted gently into a pie pan before adding the fillings
- pumpkin puree
- brown sugar
- pumpkin pie spice
- a bowl
- 9-inch pie pan, don’t use a skimpy flat pyrex for this pie, it needs more room
Pecan Pumpkin Pie
- Pie Crust a pie crust fitted in a pie pan not yet baked
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- .833 cups sugar divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup brown sugar packed in the cup
- 2 TBSP flour
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 TBSP milk
- 1 cup pecan halves
- preheat the oven to 375˚
- set pie crust aside while you mix the pie filling, if it's in a metal pan it can rest in the fridge
- mix the pumpkin, 1 egg, 1/3 cup of sugar, and the pumpkin pie spice together
- scrape into the pie shell and level
- wipe out the bowl and mix the rest of the white sugar (1/2 cup), brown sugar, flour, and salt together
- then stir in the two eggs, melted butter, and milk
- whisk gently until smooth, do not beat this mixture just stir it until smooth with the whisk
- stir in the pecans
- pour over the top of the pumpkin mix
- bake in the preheated oven until the crust is browned and the pie is set
- cool completely before serving