No Bake Cake
Need an easy NO BAKE CAKE?? Check out this super simple, perfect every time, Oreo Ice Cream Cake, no oven required! Perfect for summer parties, when it’s just too hot to even think about running the oven.
A few years back we were remodeling, we’ve almost recovered from the trauma so I’m hesitant to even mention it, BUT it’s relevant, while our kitchen was completely torn out we, of course, had a birthday come around.
It wasn’t planned that we wouldn’t have a kitchen or even an oven to use at that point, it just happened that way. And while you’re remodeling you roll with things; tear out the entire kitchen, YES I WILL DO IT NOW!
Birthday Cake Fun
So birthday boy, no kitchen, yet still in need of a cake, was feeling a little sad. I turned to an easy to make, no bake (duh) ice cream cake to solve the dilemma, and while the guilt was laid on thick, it was a popular cake(ish).
So come this year, we’re not remodeling, while the almost 10-year-old was deciding what kind of cake he might want for his birthday, he fondly remembered that cake and asked for it again. I agreed to it because it was pleasant to make and eat.
Oreo Ice Cream Cake-YES PLEASE!
But then I got a little recipe book in the mail from Kroger with an entirely different kind of easy to make ice cream cake and I decided to make that instead. The original recipe included peanut butter sandwich cookies, Nutter Butters I’m assuming, but the birthday boy doesn’t like peanut butter so I subbed in Oreos because who doesn’t like those?
This Oreo Ice Cream was even tastier than the last ice cream bar cake but it does require a little bit more work, like warming hot fudge sauce. Actually, the hardest part for me was making room in the freezer for the cake to freeze overnight, thank you abundant salmon harvest.
I have two other interesting Ice Cream Cakes on the blog if you’re interested in them. First I have this amazing Ice Cream Sandwich Cake and I have this Ice Cream Cake Roll. Both fun twists on cakes for parties.
- 1/2 cup hot fudge sauce
- 8 ounces cool whip, divided
- 1 small box instant pudding mix, chocolate flavor
- 16 Oreos, crumbled
- 12 ice cream bars
- ice cream sprinkles, if desired
- in a small sauce pan warm the hot fudge sauce, just until it's soft, do not get it boiling hot
- then mix in 1 cup of cool whip
- stir in the pudding mix, once thoroughly mixed in stir in 3/4s of the crumbled Oreos
- to assemble the cake cover a baking sheet with foil
- unwrap and lay down 4 of the ice cream bars
- layer 1/2 the hot fudge pudding mix over the bars
- top with 4 more bars and then the last of hot fudge pudding mix
- top that with the last four ice cream bars
- the use the last of the cool whip to frost the entire thing, it won't be a thick cover of cool whip either
- sprinkle the rest of the Oreos on top and add a dash of sprinkles if you like
- put the whole thing in the freezer overnight
- serve frozen
- there's no need to thaw to poke the candles in, they will slide right in
needs to freeze for 24 hours