This post has affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you.
That I’ve made that is. This cheesecake won out over all the other cheesecakes I’ve made by being the creamiest, easiest Instant Pot Cheesecake.
The recipe and method are relatively simple and straightforward.
Try these Sauces to drizzle over the top!
Can You Make Cheesecake in an Instant Pot?
The answer is an enthusiastic YES YOU CAN! You can make them in a springform pan or small heatproof dishes right on the metal rack in your Instant Pot. (That little thing is called a trivet by the way)
The big secret I discovered after ruining a couple with soggy crusts is to cover your cake. Everyone knows if you’re cooking in a springform to cover the bottom with foil. In the Instant Pot, you have to cover the top too!
You can also make a little sling to go under the pan to help lift it out, but my trivet has handles on it, so I used those. Either way, you’re going to need something to lift that hot little pan out of the pot.
How Long to Cook a cheesecake in the Instant Pot
Most Instant Pots will only hold a 6 or 7-inch springform, and an 8-inch pan is too big. Approximate cooking time for those sizes are:
- 6-inch springform cooks for 37 minutes
- 7-inch springform cooks for 35 minutes
If you cook it for the recommended time and it looks too jiggly, you can put it back in and set it to cook for two more minutes. The pot will come up to heat pretty quickly, so it doesn’t take too much longer.
What does too jiggly look like you ask? If the outer 2 inches of the top of the cake is set but the inner part wiggles it’s done. If anything more than the inner 2 inches, three on a 7-inch cake jiggles it probably needs two more minutes.
Where to find 6-Inch Springforms
Most box stores sell them in the baking area. I found mine in the local Fred Meyer store, not on the baking aisle but over in the home goods baking area. Some places to look are Target, Walmart, Joann’s, and Amazon.
Look if you’re buying a springform pan why not try my Instant Pot Brownie Recipe too? You will not be sorry! It’s AMAZING!
OFFICIAL INSTANT POT SPRINGFORM PANS
Yes, you read that right, OFFICIAL INSTANT POT SPRING FORM PANS. They are bigger so your bake time will be shorter just so you know…
This is the Instant Pot I Currently use and can Recommend
The Best Instant Pot Cheesecake
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 TBSP Sugar
- 2 TBSP melted butter
The Best Instant Pot Cheese Cake
- 16 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 6 TBSP Sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 2 eggs
Graham Cracker Crust
- mix graham cracker crumbs and sugar, stir in melted butter
- press in the bottom of a 6 inch srpingform pan
- cover bottom of pan and sides with foil
- mix the cream cheese and sugar together until as smooth as possible, do not beat it
- add the vanilla and yogurt, stirring never beating
- add the eggs one at a time, stirring well after each addition, avoid beating in a bunch of air, you just want to combine the ingredients
- pour in the prepared crust
- cover with more foil
- put one cup of water in the inner pot of the Instant Pot and then the wire rack trivet
- if you need to make a little foil sling that goes under the pan to help lift it out of the pot
- place lid on the pot, turn the release valve to closed
- press manual pressure, high and set timer for 37 minutes for a 6 inch cake, 35 minutes for a 7 inch cake
- when the timer goes off, let it sit 10 minutes on natural release an then turn it to quick release
- peel off the foil and check the cake, the center should be jiggly but the outer 2 inches or so should be firmer
- if you think it’s too jiggly, cover it again, reset the pot for 2-3 more minutes
- when finished removed all the foil, let cheesecake cool at room temperature for 2 hours and then put it in the fridge to until completely cool, it’s best to let it rest at least 12 hours before slicing
- run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen it and then open the springform pan
- add fruit to the top if desired