This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
This strawberry season why not try a new recipe that uses fresh strawberries?? How about an easy Fresh Strawberry Bread Recipe!! Perfect for snacking or coffee breaks or even breakfast, this quick bread is sure to please!
This light and luscious Strawberry bread is an easy quick bread filled with bite-size pieces of fresh strawberries. Its baked up tender and delicate, and then it’s drizzled over with a light lemon glaze. This is the perfect way to use up your strawberry harvest!
Quick bread is a type of bread typically baked in a loaf pan and it does not use yeast. Instead it yeast it uses a chemical reaction as a leavening agent. One way to get this chemical reaction is by using baking soda in conjunction with an acid to give you lift in quick bread recipes.
And recipes without an acid should use baking powder as it also has acid in the form of tartaric acid or as it’s commonly known, cream of tartar.
Sometimes recipes use both and that can mean the ingredients require a lot of heavy lifting.
This strawberry quick bread recipe uses baking powder to get its rise. That helps give it the soft texture it has!
need more Strawberry Recipes? Here they are!
We love fresh strawberry season!! But sadly in Alaska, it is short and sweet out of the garden, and honestly, we prefer to enjoy our homegrown berries warm from the summer sun and freshly picked! But when the berries are heavy in the stores and the prices are good these are our favorite recipes.
This strawberry cobbler can be made with fresh OR fresh sliced berries! Try these strawberry scones if you need a breakfast recipe featuring strawberries. And if you have a bunch of berries right on the edge and you need to chop them up and get rid of them this strawberry dump cake is a fun and delicious cake everyone loves!!
Or when fresh berries are in full production make strawberry ice cream and pair them together. What a seasonal fresh delight!
The dry ingredients for this recipe:
- all purpose flour
- baking powder
- granulated sugar
- powdered sugar
The wet ingredients for this recipe include:
- butter, softened at room temperature
- vanilla extract
- lemon juice
- melted butter
- milk, whole milk, low-fat, or heavy cream can be used
- 9×5 loaf pan
- silicone spatulas
- medium bowl
- large bowl
- hand mixer or stand mixer
If you have leftovers you can store them in an airtight container or plastic bag. Covering this bread tightly will cause the icing to get soft. If you want the icing to last a little longer store leftovers on a plate lightly covered with plastic wrap.
You can use quick bread leftovers to make french toast! Try making this air fryer french toast recipe with leftover strawberry bread and see if it isn’t the best french toast you’ve ever made!!
Fresh Strawberry Bread
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter softened
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 cup strawberries diced into about ½ inch small pieces
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1 ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon butter melted
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350º
- grease a 9×5 loaf pan
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl and set aside
- In a separate bowl, cream butter, and sugar together until light and fluffy
- Beat in eggs, and vanilla, then milk until fully combined
- Stir in flour mixture until just combined
- In another bowl, combine strawberries with 1 Tablespoon flour (this helps keep the strawberries from sinking to the bottom of your loaf)
- Stir strawberries into the batter
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan
- Bake in center of oven for 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes
- Use a butter knife to loosen the loaf from the sides of the pan and turn it onto a wire rack
- let the bread cool on the cooling rack
- When the loaf is cool, combine icing ingredients, and spread over top of the bread