This post has affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you.
This is the brownie recipe of your dreams, the cream cheese brownies everyone ELSE makes. And now you can too! This recipe for swirled and layered Cheesecake Brownies is phenomenal!
Start with a from-scratch brownie recipe, layer in a sweetened cream cheese mixture, add more brownie batter, and swirl the mixes together before baking. Bake off these marbled brownies with a thick fudgy brownie layer and a tangy cheesecake swirl, and watch your family come running for the fudgy cheesecake brownies!
That’s right, you don’t need a box mix for this brownie recipe! Sure box mixes are easy to make, but these fudgy brownies are also super easy to make. And no one can resist homemade brownies!
What you need to make this cheesecake brownie recipe
- vanilla extract
- melted butter not softened
- all purpose flour
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- softened cream cheese
- 8×8 baking dish
- parchment paper or aluminum foil (optional)
- butter knife
- plastic knife(works better for cutting brownies!)
- mixing bowl
- large bowl
- small bowl
- hand mixer ( no need to haul out the stand mixer)
- rubber spatula
How to Marble Brownies or a Cake
Making a layered and marbled cake or a brownie pan is easy. I know it can sound confusing, but once you do it, you’ll understand how to do it.
You need a butter knife, the original brownie mixture, the mixture to be swirled, in this case, cheesecake filling, and a small empty bowl.
- remove 1/4 of the brownie batter to the small bowl and set aside
- add the remaining brownie batter to the 8×8 pan and smooth out
- pour on the cheesecake mixture across the top of the brownie batter in the pan
- add the reserved brownie batter in dollops over the cheesecake mixture
- use the butter knife to swirl through all the layers all over the pan
- when you like how it looks it’s done, you can swirl it as much as you like
if you want to change up this brownie recipe
Since this is a baked good, you can’t alter the basic structure and have good results. Typically we won’t be changing it because why ruin good brownies.
But you can add baking chips to the batter. Use dark chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, or white chocolate chips. Try butterscotch, peanut butter, or even mint chips to really have some fun with this recipe.
Change the extract, and use mint,
You could ALSO use a boxed brownie mix if you wanted to. Just swap out a mix that is baked in an 8×8 baking pan. Use it instead of the ingredients for the brownie portion of the recipe.
Or you can use your favorite brownie recipe in place of this recipe if you like. Your own brownie recipe might be better than mine!
You can make them in the Instant Pot, try my Instant Pot Brownies! Or these fun Cake Mix Brownies. Or course if you love swirled marbled brownies, try these Pumpkin Brownies. One more?? Ok, these Buckeye Brownies are amazing too!
Store cooled brownies in an airtight container or on a plate covered with plastic wrap. You can also freeze these brownies and thaw them before serving.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup butter melted
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1 Pinch salt
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350º
- grease an 8×8 pan, you can also line it with foil or parchment paper to easily lift the brownies out of the pan
- Whisk eggs, sugar, and vanilla together until well combined
- stir in butter
- Finally, whisk in flour, cocoa, and salt until well combined
- scoop out a 1/2 cup of the brownie batter and set aside
- Spread the remaining batter into a greased, or parchment, or aluminum foil lined 8×8 inch baking pan
- Beat together the cheesecake filling ingredients with a hand mixer
- pour the cheesecake mixture over brownie batter
- Dot on the rest of the batter on top of the cheesecake batter
- swirl with a butter knife
- Bake in the center of the preheated oven for 30 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool
- cut with a plastic knife for easier cutting