Instant Pot Brownies
This easy to make recipe for Instant Pot Brownies will free up your oven when it’s a busy day in the kitchen. And they’re perfect for those days when you need to make dessert for a party or picnic and it’s too hot to cook.
Yeah, these brownies are what you’re looking for. They cook in 6-inch springform pan form pan that fits right in your instant pot’s inner pot. Fudgy dense and delicious.
Keep Your House Cool
Do you know those
While they do take an hour in the pressure cooker they don’t heat up your house.
You may have air conditioning but I know in the summer up here in Alaska we don’t normally have air conditioning. And you could just plug the pot in outside if you want to cook them up on the patio. Or on the go anywhere.
The recipe came from The Foodie Eats and I changed it up just a bit.
I added more salt because I’ve discovered there is something to brownies with a salty tang, try it!
I added more vanilla too.
And I’m cooking them in a 6-inch springform pan instead of a 7-inch push pan. Because it’s what I had.
I made sure to cover the bottom of the pan with foil so water won’t get in, that’s important.
About your Instant Pot Brownies:
- you need a springform pan OR push pan that fits inside your Instant Pot inner pot
- if you use a springform wrap the bottom in foil to keep any water out
- cover the top of the pan with foil to keep condensation off the top of your brownies
- be sure use a knife to loosen your brownies from the springform pan, so they don’t tear
- you also need the little rack or “trivet” that comes with your instant pot
- Yes, you can eat it while it’s still warm, it’s best that way!
- if you’re using a 7-inch pan the cooking time is reduced to 50 minutes and 10 minutes respectively
This is the Instant Pot I Currently use and can Recommend
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder, I used regular cocoa powder not dutch
- 1 tsp kosher salt, use less if you prefer
- 1/2 tsp baking pwoder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- set up your instant pot, add one cup of water, and the cooking rack to the pot
- lightly grease a 6-inch springform pan, and cover the bottom in foil if needed
- cream the butter and sugar together
- add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition
- then blend in the vanilla
- in a separate bowl stir together the flour, cocoa, salt, and baking powder
- stir the dry ingredients into the butter and eggs
- stir just until combined
- stir in the chocolate chips
- put in the prepared pan
- cover with foil and set on the rack in the instant pot
- put the lid in place, set to sealing
- press manual, and then 55 minutes
- once the timer goes off let the pot natural release for 15 minutes
- carefully remove from the pot and wipe any water off the top of the foil
- remove all foil and let cool 10-15 minutes
- carefully run a knife around the brownie to help it release
- open pan and let the brownie cool OR eat it while it's warm
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 12 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 260Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 268mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugar: 25gProtein: 3g
This nutrition information was calculated using a computer program, results may vary.