This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
Got a random chocolate cake mix in your pantry? Wondering WHAT else you can make with it besides a cake? Why not make Chocolate Cake Mix Brownies?
Easy to make, delicious to eat these cake mix brownies will astound your friends and family with their fabulous taste!
Are Cake Mix brownies a cake brownie?
Are you worried about these brownies being cake-like? They are not! At the same time, they’re not super fudgy either. They land somewhere in between cake brownies and fudgy brownies.
One of my children told me they were the best brownies he’s ever had. Oh, really?? I mean has he even TRIED my super fudgy Instant Pot Brownies? Literally the best brownies I’ve ever made.
OR my Butterscotch Brownies?? Maybe just as good as ANY chocolate brownies I’ve ever made.
What do I need to make Cake Mix Brownies?
Only THREE Ingredients need to make cake mix brownies:
- Box of Cake Mix For this post I used a Betty Crocker Chocolate cake mix
- 2 Eggs
- Vegetable oil OR melted butter
A couple of notes on these Brownies
The mix is VERY THICK, so thick you think it can’t possibly be spread in a pan. But it can and it will go in a pan. Mix the egg and oil together AND THEN add it to the cake mix, they just seem to work better this way!
What pan do I need to bake these Brownies in?
These brownies bake up in an 8×8 pan. BUT you can use a 9×9 round pan for them as well without changing the baking time too much.
Just start checking the brownies BEFORE the time is up because the pan is a little bigger which means your brownies will be thinner in the pan. Meaning they might bake up quicker.
What ELSE to make with a Cake Mix
Try these Red Velvet Cookies!
If you love these will you pin them?
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil or melted butter
- preheat the oven to 350˚
- line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment
- mix the oil and egg together
- put the cake mix in a mixing bowl
- pour the oil mix in the cake mix and stir to combine
- scrape into the prepared pan
- bake for 15-20 minutes in the preheated oven until the brownies are set they will puff up and then collapse a little when they come out of the oven
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.