This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
If you LOVE Sweet Potato Fries wait until you try making them in the air fryer! Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries are probably the best homemade fries you can make. Who knew frozen sweet potato fries could taste so good?!? (just kidding I love sweet potatoes!!)
Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside is what you’re looking for when you want the perfect sweet potato french fries. Oven fries often fail at this but have no fear air fryer sweet potato fries are here to save the day. They ARE crispy on the outside! They are soft inside! And they are exactly what good sweet potato fries should be.
How to Make Crispy Sweet Potato Fries in the Air Fryer
I hear about soggy, mealy, soft sweet potato fries A LOT in the air fryer groups on Facebook. It seems to me that there might be a few reasons for it, of course, you can never know what people are doing in their homes.
But I’ve never had soft sweet potato fries from my air fryer and here’s what I do:
- don’t try to cook a BUNCH of fries at the same time, it may work with regular frozen fries but doesn’t work so well with sweet potato fries
- always Preheat the Air Fryer to 400° for at least five minutes before adding fries
- toss the frozen sweet potato fries with a tablespoon of light olive oil or vegetable oil
- when the air fryer is preheated immediately add the fries to the basket in a single layer
- cook at 400° for 10-15 minutes shaking the basket every five minutes to evenly crisp up the air fries
DIP THOSE CRISPY FRIES!
What do I need to make Sweet Potato Fries in the Air Fryer
- An Air Fryer–I used the Cosori Air Fryer for these fries, I like the basket for shaking fries
- Light Olive Oil OR vegetable oil
- frozen sweet potato fries
- flaky sea salt, we love Maldon Sea Salt
Reminder: ALL air fryers, even the same model, cook differently. Be sure to watch whatever you’re cooking and check on it sooner if your air fryer cooks foods faster. Yours may only take 8 minutes and you won’t know until you try!
- 12 ounces frozen sweet potato fries
- 1 TBSP light olive oil
- 1/2 tsp flaky sea salt
- preheat the air fryer for at least 5 minutes at 400°
- put the frozen fries in a bowl, drizzle with the oil and toss to coat
- when the air fryer is preheated add the frozen fries, spread out to a mostly single layer
- set the air fryer to 15 minutes and set it to 400°
- shake the basket after five minutes, cook for another five and shake again
- cook for 2 more minutes and check to see how they're looking, you want crispy outside which means you're going to get some browned bits on the fries as they crisp up
- these will take between 10-15 minutes and you'll just have to check on them every couple of minutes after cooking for 10 minutes
- once they're done to your preference pour them on a serving plate and sprinkle with flaky sea salt
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Easy Strawberry Dump Cake
- BROOKIES From Scratch
- Crispy Air Fryer Cod
- Air Fryer BBQ Pork steak
- Strawberry Crunch Ice Cream Bars
- Our Favorite Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- Crispy Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Crispy Air Fryer Mushrooms
- Sweet Cherry Cobbler
- Easy Air Fryer London Broil
- Kitchen Sink Cookies
- Fresh Strawberry Cake
- Fresh Baked Asparagus Tart
- Easy Air fryer Samosas
- Refreshing Strawberry Crunch Cake
- Spicy Sriracha Aioli