This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
If you’re looking for something new and different to do with boneless pork chops try these Oven BBQ Pork Chops! Start with a spice rub and finish it with a BBQ glaze with your favorite barbecue sauce for a dinner entree that hits the table in no time at all.
A flavorful spice rub, paired with lean pork loin chops, and a swipe of barbecue sauce work together to create chops that are a step above any regular pork chops.
Oven BBQ Pork Chops
That’s title is a BIT misleading because you actually quickly sear the chops on the stovetop just to give them some color. Then you pop them in the oven for a quick finish with your favorite BBQ sauce. The secret to keeping them tender is to NOT overcook loin chops. So QUICK is your takeaway here.
Why are my Boneless Pork Loin Chops Dry?
Typically when you get dry boneless pork chops it’s because they’ve been overcooked. You can very easily overcook boneless chops because they require so little time to be done. The ideal temperature for cooked pork is 150°. That means at 145° it should be taken on the heat.
When I say a QUICK sear on the chops I really do mean it. Get your pan nice and hot, add the oil, and sear those quickly on each side. THEN it’s straight to the oven to finish cooking.
What’s in the BBQ Rub?
Our BBQ rub is made with ALL pantry staples, you won’t need ANYTHING special to make this rub.
- brown sugar
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- smoked paprika also called Spanish Paprika
- chili powder
I know it sounds like a LOT but they’re all pretty common pantry staples.
Why do a spice rub AND a bbq glaze?
I discovered this after watching countless cooking shows. Rubs are where it’s at. Everyone uses them to deliver intense flavor to the meat. I know typically that after applying a rub the meat is left to rest for a day or even 2. But I found that even IF I just give them meat a couple of minutes to rest while I get the pan heated I can pack a LOT of flavor into these chops.
When you top it with your favorite bbq sauce it’s like gilding the lily. You’re adding somethign you know you love on top of a delicious base. The two parts work together really well. I use it in my Air Fryer BBQ Pork Chops and this Oven BBQ Chicken.
- 4 Pork Loin Chops
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 barbecue sauce, your favorite brand!
- 1 TBSP oil
- preheat the oven to 400°
- pat the pork chops dry
- mix the spices together
- rub the spices all over the chops and let them rest while the frying pan heats up
- heat the oil in the frying pan over medium-high heat
- when the oil is shimmering hot
- lay the chops in the pan and quickly sear the chops on both sides
- spread the chops with barbecue sauce
- insert an oven save thermometer into one chop OR use an instant-read thermometer after 5 minutes
- place the frying pan in the preheated oven for 5 minutes
- remove and check for doneness, you're looking for a temperature of 145°
- if the temperature isn't 145° put the pan back in the oven for another 3-5 minutes
- once the chops hit 145° remove from the oven and cover for 3 minutes and let the temperature come up to 150°-155°
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 388Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 132mgSodium 411mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 0gSugar 6gProtein 40g
This nutrition information was calculated using a computer program, results may vary.
- BROOKIES From Scratch
- Crispy Air Fryer Cod
- Air Fryer BBQ Pork steak
- Strawberry Crunch Ice Cream Bars
- Our Favorite Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- Crispy Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Crispy Air Fryer Mushrooms
- Sweet Cherry Cobbler
- Easy Air Fryer London Broil
- Kitchen Sink Cookies
- Fresh Strawberry Cake
- Fresh Baked Asparagus Tart
- Easy Air fryer Samosas
- Refreshing Strawberry Crunch Cake
- Spicy Sriracha Aioli
- Maple Brown Sugar Roasted Acorn Squash