This post contains affiliate links if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission.
The Classic Cobb Salad Recipe is one of my all-time favorite salads. It’s the perfect salad for dinner because beyond the greens it’s got so much more; cheese, bacon, avocado, eggs, chicken, and corn.
Too Hot To Cook??
Everything for this salad cobb salad recipe can be bought ready to use from the grocery store, which means you can pull together a gorgeous salad in no time at all.
It’s handy if you need dinner in a hurry and it’s too hot to cook.
A good cobb salad recipe is a family favorite because there’s something for everyone!
What is in a Cobb Salad?
Plus how can you possibly go wrong with all the good stuff going on top of the salad? Bacon, blue cheese, corn, eggs, chicken, avocados, tomatoes, PLUS dressing!
YUM! All of these are layered on top of a typical romaine base.
In my version, I also added chopped cabbage because I try to get more than JUST lettuce in my salads whenever I can. Don’t like chopped cabbage? Just sub in more fresh greens.
What Kind of Lettuce is in cobb salad?
Usually, it’s Romain OR Iceberg. But you can use ANY lettuce OR greens you like. So like green leaf lettuce, red leaf, butter lettuce, micro greens, baby lettuce greens, and so on.
And as ALWAYS change this up to suit you. Love croutons ADD THEM. Want grilled chicken? DO IT. This is what I call inspiration, now make it yours.
What kind of Dressing to use?
Whatever your FAVORITE dressing happens to be. I *think* the classic cobb salad comes with blue cheese dressing.
I know a lot of folks don’t care for the tang of blue cheese so use your favorite dressing and you can’t go wrong.
The only thing I don’t think would work well on salad might be a vinaigrette. In my opinion, it would be too runny, that’s no fun.
- 10 ounces chopped romaine
- 8 ounces shredded cabbage
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 8 ounces cooked chicken , fried or grilled, sliced
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 avocado, chopped, don't cut until you're ready to serve
- 1/2 cup bacon bits, fresh cooked or premade
- 4 hardboiled eggs , peeled and chopped
- layer the romaine and the cabbage on a large platter
- arrange the rest of the ingredients over the top, you can sprinkle it on or made neat rows, it's up to you
- if you're going to chill until ready to serve you might want to wait to cut the avocados
- optionally you can make individual salads for each person
- serve with your favorite dressing
Serving Size1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 481Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 252mgSodium 561mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 9gSugar 6gProtein 32g
This nutrition information was calculated using a computer program, results may vary.