This post contains affiliate links from which I earn a small commission.
The Classic Cobb Salad is one of my all-time favorite salads. It’s the perfect salad for dinner because beyond the greens it’s got so much more; cheese, bacon, avocado, eggs, chicken, and corn.
Everything for this salad can be bought ready to use from the grocery store, which means you can pull together a gorgeous salad in no time at all.
It’s handy if you need dinner in a hurry and it’s too hot to cook.
A cobb salad is what I asked for after I had my first son in the hospital. I think they laughed at me and sent in soup. But I wanted that salad.
Eventually, I convinced my mom and sister to bring one to me, it was the best salad I’d ever had.
A good cobb salad remains a favorite. I usually order it if I see it on the menu, they’re always a sure win in my book.
What’s in a Cobb Salad?
Plus how can you possibly go wrong with all the good stuff going on top of the salad? Bacon, blue cheese, corn, eggs, chicken, tomatoes, YUM! All of these are layered on top of a typical romaine base.
In my version, I also added chopped cabbage because I try to get more than JUST lettuce in my salads whenever I can. Don’t like chopped cabbage? Just sub in more fresh greens.
And as ALWAYS change this up to suit you. Love croutons ADD THEM. Want grilled chicken? DO IT. This is what I call inspiration, now make it yours.
What kind of Dressing to use?
Whatever your FAVORITE dressing happens to be. I *think* the classic cobb salad comes with blue cheese dressing.
I know a lot of folks don’t care for the tang of blue cheese so use your favorite dressing and you can’t go wrong.
The only thing I don’t think would work well on salad might be a vinaigrette. In my opinion, it would be too runny, that’s no fun.
Because You’re Serving This Salad Chilled
When you’re making salads be sure to keep cleanliness in mind. Klean+ makes that easy! This quick and easy to use hand spray sanitizer makes cleaning up and staying clean SO EASY! Check out Klean+ and use my code Klean10 for 10% off your order.
- 10 ounces chopped romaine
- 8 ounces shredded cabbage
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 8 ounces cooked chicken , fried or grilled, sliced
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 avocado, chopped, don't cut until you're ready to serve
- 1/2 cup bacon bits, fresh cooked or premade
- 4 hardboiled eggs , peeled and chopped
- layer the romaine and the cabbage on a large platter
- arrange the rest of the ingredients over the top, you can sprinkle it on or made neat rows, it's up to you
- if you're going to chill until ready to serve you might want to wait to cut the avocados
- optionally you can make individual salads for each person
- serve with your favorite dressing
Serving Size1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 481Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 252mgSodium 561mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 9gSugar 6gProtein 32g
This nutrition information was calculated using a computer program, results may vary.
- How to Make Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Stanley Classics Makes Outdoor Fun Warm and Tasty
- Lemon Drizzle Cake for the Bake-Along!
- Red Velvet Sugar Cookies
- Cinnamon Roll Waffles
- Easy Instant Pot Hawaiian Meatballs
- Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies
- 28 Lucky Food For New Years
- A Quick and Easy Cooked Eggnog Recipe
- 2020 GBBO Bake-Along Wrap Up
- No Spread Sugar Cookies
- Red Velvet Cinnamon Rolls