This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
These air fryer chicken thighs are going to be your new favorite weeknight dinner! They’re so easy to whip up and the flavor is unmatched. Everyone in our house loves these Boneless Skinless BBQ chicken thighs, we think you will too.
Dig into your pantry and get ready to make BBQ Chicken Thighs! Start with an easy bbq rub made from basic pantry staples. Air fry the thighs and then finish them with your favorite barbecue sauce.
What do I need to make these Air Fryer Chicken Thighs?
- An Air Fryer-I highly recommend Cosori 5.8 Max XL It’s the one I depend on the most in my kitchen
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- brown sugar
- smoked paprika
- chili powder
- light olive oil
- your favorite barbecue sauce
What if I don’t have boneless skinless chicken thighs?
You CAN swap out boneless chicken breasts just be aware that they take longer to cook because they’re thicker. You can speed this up by cutting them into strips OR pounding them thin OR slicing them in half so you have two full-size breasts but thinner.
Breasts ARE drier than thighs because they’re all white meat so be aware that you need to cook the breasts just until they register at 165° on a meat thermometer. They can overcook really quickly and be very dry.
My OTHER Favorite BBQ Recipes
We all enjoy these Air Fryer Pork Chops with the same bbq rub and sauce treatment. Or these Oven BBQ Chicken Thighs are SO GOOD!! I think you can use this rub and sauce treatment on any cut of meat you want.
The BEST chicken in the Air Fryer
Add these Air Fryer Chicken recipes to your air fryer repertoire:
- 1 pound boneless chicken thighs
- 1 TBSP light olive oil
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- preheat the air fryer at 400° for 5 minutes
- rub the oil on the chicken thighs
- mix all the spices together with the brown sugar
- then rub the mixture into the chicken
- when the air fryers is preheated put the chicken in it
- set it to 380° and set the time to 8 minutes and air fry
- turn it over after 4 minutes
- when it's been 8 minutes check for doneness by using a digital thermometer, if the temperature is 155° brush it with the barbecue sauce on both sides and cook again for 2 minutes or until the temperature is 165°
- if the temperature is not 155° air fry for 2 more minutes or until it hits 155° THEN brush with barbecue sauce and cook until 165°
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
4 Pieces Pastry Brushes Basting Oil Brush with Boar Bristles and Beech Hardwood Handles Barbecue Oil Brush for Spreading Butter Cooking Baking Brush (1 Inch, 1 1/2 Inch)
COSORI Air Fryer Max XL(100 Recipes) Digital Hot Oven Cooker, One Touch Screen with 13 Cooking Functions, Preheat and Shake Reminder, 5.8 QT, Black
Amount Per Serving Calories 302Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 138mgSodium 866mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 1gSugar 17gProtein 28g
This nutrition information was calculated using a computer program, results may vary.
- Pain Aux Rasins
- Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
- Garibaldi Biscuits
- Easy Pumpkin Crunch Cake
- Easy Air Fryer Chuck Roast
- Crispy Air Fryer Fried Chicken
- Easy Gingerbread Cookie Bars
- White Chocolate No-Bake Cookies
- Grilled Aidells Sausages in the Air Fryer
- Crispy Air Fryer Okra
- Easy Pumpkin Brownies
- Old Fashioned Apple Crisp
- Dutch Apple Bread (Easy Recipe)
- Stuffing Pork Chop Casserole
- The Best Apple Pie Cookies
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread