This post has affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you.
These are FRESH homemade Air Fryer Chicken Tenders. Made from scratch in UNDER 20 minutes these chicken strips will be a recipe you turn to again and again. They are in the WEEKLY rotation in our home.
Chicken tenderloins rolled in crispy flaky panko and a variety of herbs and seasonings make the BEST air fryer chicken tenders.
Nothing fried and frozen about these chicken strips!! Not that we DON’T love those too. But there is something about making your own chicken strips at home that hits differently.
And when they’re SO EASY and SO FAST to make you kind of feel superpowered!
What you need to make the BEST Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer (I USE AND LOVE the Cosori!)
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- panko bread crumbs
- light olive oil
- Italian Seasoning
- garlic powder
- oil mister
Double or Triple This Recipe!
If you have kids you might want to double this recipe! Yes, it’s THAT GOOD. I actually triple it because my kids will take the leftovers for lunches for a couple of days straight. If you double it, air fry them in separate batches, don’t crowd your air fryer!
Plus they make excellent lunches for adults, I send them with my husband often. I even make myself lunches to eat at home so I don’t have to stop and cook if I don’t have time.
You can send them with a dipping sauce for kids if they’re into that. OR make them into sandwiches. Or slice them onto salads for a protein-packed lunch salad. Air fryer chicken tenderloins are versatile is what I’m trying to say!
Can I use Chicken Breast instead of Tenderloins?
I have done this in a pinch. It does work out. I simply sliced the breasts into strips sized pieces. The only thing I thought was different was the breast strip pieces were dry. The tenderloins are never dry unless you overbake them.
If you don’t have breasts or tenderloins try these Air Fryer Chicken Fries!
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 2 TBSP light olive oil
- 1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 tsp Italian Herbs
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 400˚
- put the chicken tenderloins into a bowl pour the oil over and toss to coat, set aside
- mix the panko with the remaining ingredients and toss to mix
- take one chicken tenderloin out of the oil, gently let it drip off the excess oil
- press into the panko mix on both sides
- being sure to coat them evenly, gently shake off the excess
- lay in preheated air fryer basket
- repeat with remaining pieces of chicken
- *optional* mist LIGHTLY with oil, 1-2 pumps
- put in the air fryer set for 5 minutes at 400˚
- after 5 minutes turn the strips over to brown them evenly
- set for 400˚ for another 5 minutes
- the chicken should be done after 10 minutes of cooking, check with a thermometer it should read 165˚
- if the chicken isn't done set for another 2 minutes, and check again
if you are doubling this recipe be sure to cook in batches so you don't crowd the air fryer
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 403Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 129mgSodium 632mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 49g
This nutrition information was calculated using a computer program, results may vary.
- Quick and Easy Cowboy Stew
- Sausage Rolls
- Green Bean Casserole
- Seasonal Pumpkin Star bread
- Easy Baked Cornbread Stuffing
- Biscuit Topped Beef Pot Pie
- Pumpkin Muffins with Streusel
- Apple Cinnamon Rolls (with Pecans!)
- Garlic Herb Prime Rib Roast
- Must-Have Air Fryer Accessories
- Beer Cheese Soup
- Potato Onion Pithivier
- Best Gifts for Bakers
- Mocha Torte
- Get to Know Vanilla: All Things Vanilla
- Kale Quinoa Salad