This post has affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you.
You NEED this recipe friends! If you’re ever in the “I need a recipe for leftover stuffing” or “what to do with stuffing” predicament then try these amazing Leftover Stuffing Waffles, you won’t be sorry! Not sure you’ll find these at Waffle House but you DEFINITELY find them at my house.
Your leftover stuffing, cooked and crisped in a hot waffle iron, and served hot with a drizzle of leftover gravy. Give your homemade stuffing new life! Serve these for breakfast with a fried egg or serve them for lunch or dinner with a side of leftover turkey. There is no wrong way to enjoy these stuffing waffles.
And with Thanksgiving AND Christmas in rapid succession, it IS the time for stuffing and leftovers! I mean we live for leftovers, don’t you!?
What you need
- leftover stuffing
- butter or cooking spray
- salt and pepper
- gravy (if you want to drizzle them with gravy!)
- waffle iron
- large bowl
No worries! You can make stuffing to make these waffles! Use any box mix OR homemade stuffing recipe, chill it, and then go from there. Honestly, you can’t mess these up!
AND! You can use ANY waffle iron you happen to have! Some will be bigger than others, but that’s ok just spread the stuffing to about an inch from the edge and close the waffle maker.
I have and love the Cuisinart Belgian Waffle Maker but again use what you have! You can also make Cinnamon Roll Waffles in your waffle maker, they’re the perfect breakfast/dinner! And of course, you can make regular waffles in it too.
This easy-to-make recipe is a delicious way to use up stuffing. But what’s the BEST stuffing for stuffing waffles?? The answer is EASY, your best stuffing, no matter what it is, makes the best stuffing waffles.
CAN YOU MAKE STUFFING THE DAY BEFORE YOU NEED IT?
You sure can! Almost any recipe works best made in advance because it gives the flavors time to mingle.
Just think about how good leftover stuffing tastes, now think about THAT taste for your big dinner! So make your stuffing, put it in a baking dish, cover and refrigerate until you’re ready to bake it.
ONE important thing about making stuffing the day before you’re going to stuff it in a turkey, DON’T PUT IT IN THE TURKEY OVERNIGHT!
IF YOU PLAN TO STUFF YOUR TURKEY AND YOU’RE MAKING STUFFING AHEAD OF TIME:
- set aside the amount of stuffing you need to put in the bird, about 3/4 cup per pound in a separate bowl, the remaining stuffing mixture can be put in a covered casserole to bake the next day
- when you’re ready to stuff the bird reheat the stuffing in the microwave so it goes in the bird hot
- stuff the bird with the heated stuffing and put it in the oven immediately
Stuffing sitting in a refrigerated bird overnight is not safe to consume, even if you cook it, it can still make you sick. The best way to stuff a bird is to stuff with moist hot stuffing and then roast it IMMEDIATELY.
That information comes directly from the USDA! Be sure to check them out for more tips and tricks on stuffing birds.
THANKSGIVING LEFTOVERS RECIPES:
- Stuffing Waffles
- Turkey Noodle Soup
- Turkey Salad
- Turkey Pot Pie
- Turkey Dumpling Soup
- Prime Rib Quesadilla
- vegetable oil or butter as needed
- 4 cups leftover stuffing
- salt and pepper as needed
- 2 eggs
- leftover gravy if desired
- preheat your waffle iron
- while its heating break up your chilled stuffing and put it in a mixing bowl
- taste the stuffing and see if it needs salt or pepper, add with the eggs if needed
- lightly beat the eggs with salt and pepper if needed
- add the eggs to the stuffing, stir to combine
- when the waffle iron is hot lightly grease it if needed
- then add a big scoop of the stuffing, pressing it out over the iron as the stuffing won't flow like waffle batter
- close the waffle iron and let it cook, it needs 5-6 minutes to get the waffles nice and crisp
- your waffle iron make a beep to let you know it thinks it's done but it won't be quite ready to go yet
- serve hot waffles with leftover gravy, cranberries, or even a little drizzle of maple syrup
- you can make waffles bigger or smaller as you like, they require about the same amount of time to cook because it's the thickness you're cooking not the diameter
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 326Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 3gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 68mgSodium 764mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 6g
This nutrition information was calculated using a computer program, results may vary.