This post contains affiliate links if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission.
You NEED this recipe friends! If you’re ever in the “I need a recipe for leftover stuffing” or “what to do with stuffing” predicament then try these amazing Stuffing Waffles, you won’t be sorry!
Your leftover stuffing, cooked and crisped in the waffle iron, and served hot with a drizzle of leftover gravy. Give your homemade stuffing new life!
And with Thanksgiving AND Christmas in rapid succession, it IS the time for stuffing and leftovers! I mean we live for leftovers, don’t you!?
What If I Don’t Have Leftover Stuffing to Make Stuffing Waffles?
No worries! You can make stuffing to make these waffles! Use any box mix OR homemade stuffing recipe, chill it, and then go from there. Honestly, you can’t mess these up!
AND! You can use ANY waffle iron you happen to have! Some will be bigger than others, that’s ok just spread the stuffing to about an inch from the edge and close the waffle maker.
I have and love the Cuisinart Belgian Waffle Maker but again use what you have!
This easy to make recipe is a great way to use up stuffing. But what’s the BEST stuffing for stuffing waffles. The answer is EASY, your best stuffing, no matter what it is, makes the best stuffing waffles.
Can You Make Stuffing the Day Before You Need It?
You sure can! Almost any recipe works best made in advance because it gives the flavors time to mingle.
Just think about how good leftover stuffing tastes, now think about THAT taste for your big dinner! So make your stuffing, put it in a baking dish, cover and refrigerate until you’re ready to bake it.
ONE important thing about making stuffing the day before you’re going to stuff it in a turkey, DON’T PUT IT IN THE TURKEY OVERNIGHT!
If you plan to stuff your turkey AND you’re making stuffing ahead of time:
- save the amount of stuffing you need, about 3/4 cup per pound in a separate bowl
- when you’re ready to stuff the bird reheat the stuffing in the microwave so it goes in hot
- stuff the bird with the heated stuffing and put it in the oven immediately
Stuffing sitting in a refrigerated bird overnight is not safe to consume, even if you cook it, it can still make you sick. The best way to stuff a bird is to stuff with moist hot stuffing and then roast IMMEDIATELY. That information comes directly from the USDA! Be sure to check them out for more tips and tricks on stuffing birds.
- vegetable oil or butter as needed
- 4 cups leftover stuffing
- salt and pepper as needed
- 2 eggs
- leftover gravy if desired
- preheat your waffle iron
- while its heating break up your chilled stuffing and put it in a mixing bowl
- taste the stuffing and see if it needs salt or pepper, add with the eggs if needed
- lightly beat the eggs with salt and pepper if needed
- add the eggs to the stuffing, stir to combine
- when the waffle iron is hot lightly grease it if needed
- then add a big scoop of the stuffing, pressing it out over the iron as the stuffing won't flow like waffle batter
- close the waffle iron and let it cook, it needs 5-6 minutes to get the waffles nice and crisp
- your waffle iron make a beep to let you know it thinks it's done but it won't be quite ready to go yet
- serve hot waffles with leftover gravy, cranberries, or even a little drizzle of maple syrup
- you can make waffles bigger or smaller as you like, they require about the same amount of time to cook because it's the thickness you're cooking not the diameter
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 326Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 3gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 68mgSodium 764mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 6g
This nutrition information was calculated using a computer program, results may vary.
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- Let’s Make Sussex Pond Pudding
- Quick Dutch Oven Bread
- Buttery Shortcrust Pastry
- Leftover Stuffing Waffles
- BBQ Pork Japanese Steamed Buns
- Make This Sturdy Pasty Dough Recipe
- How to Share Your Recipes
- A Chocolate Babka Recipe for Chocolate Week
- Jack Skellington Halloween Treats
- Make Paul Hollywood’s Rainbow Bagels
- Quick and Easy Sugar Cookie Bars!