This is the best recipe for that classic Turkey Noodle Soup just like mom used to make! It’s the perfect way to use up leftover turkey and make something delicious for dinner.
Old Fashioned Noodles make this soup
The real star of this recipe? The thick chunky old fashioned homemade noodles. Yes, you’re right that goes to another recipe but DONT WORRY THE WHOLE RECIPE is right here in the recipe card at the bottom of the page. I hate when I read a recipe and it says oh go here for the “other part of this recipe” so I’m not doing it to you.
These noodles are exactly what my mom ALWAYS made when I was a kid. When I think fondly of noodles I remember my mother making beef and noodles or chicken and noodles, and specifically the outstanding perfect noodles she always made. Oh, that’s a good memory!
I’ve updated it just a bit by mixing the noodles in my stand mixer and using the pasta attachment to roll them out and cut them. You can do ALL of this by hand, and I’ve written the recipe to include making them by hand. All of the handmade noodle directions can be used for the Kitchenaid mixer too.
Leftover Turkey Noodle Soup
If you’ve got leftover turkey on leftover turkey then this is recipe for you! You can adjust it to fit your family easily. Want more veggies add them and add more broth too. Want more meat? Add that and be sure to add more broth OR water. Want more noodles? Double that part and be sure to add more broth.
You could ALSO try my recipe for Leftover Turkey Dumpling Soup if you’re loving old-fashioned soups!
If you’re tired of tons of leftover turkey after Christmas and Thanksgiving try my Air Fryer Turkey Breast. It’s so much LESS turkey but still gives you some leftovers if you don’t have big eaters in the house. Or it’s perfect if you just want SOME turkey leftovers because you’re going somewhere else for a holiday meal.
- Stuffing Waffles
- Turkey Noodle Soup
- Turkey Salad
- Turkey Pot Pie
- Turkey Dumpling Soup
- Prime Rib Quesadilla
- 1 TBSP light olive oil
- 4 cups chopped vegetables, onions, carrots, celery
- 1-2 TBSP Italian Seasoning
- 2 quarts turkey or chicken broth
- 1 quart water
Old Fashioned Homemade Noodles
- 2 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1 tsp light olive oil
- Put oil in a dutch oven, saute vegetables over med heat
- deglaze the pan with 2 quarts of broth and 2 cups of water
- add the turkey and some of the Italian seasoning, also add any other spices and flavors you want here, this is a good place to toss in any leftover gravy too!
- stir to combine and let simmer 20-30 minutes while you make noodles
- to make the noodles put the mix the flour with the eggs, water and oil, knead until soft, add a little more water if your mixture is dry
- knead 2-3 minutes until smooth
- wrap in plastic wrap and let it rest 15 minutes
- divide the dough into quarters and roll out one-quarter of the dough with a pasta machine OR a rolling pin until about an 1/8 of an inch thick
- then cut with either a knife or the pasta machine into as thick or thin of noodles as you like, and as long as you'd like
- lightly dust the cut noodles with flour, pile them on a sheet of parchment paper, and let them rest while you make the rest of the noodles
- when your soup is almost done taste it and add more Italian seasonings, salt, pepper, and any other seasonings you would like
- if the broth level has dropped you can add a 3rd quart of broth or some more water to thin it out
- whe it's bubbling again drop the noodles in and stir to combine, let the soup come back to bubbling and cook until the noodles are cooked through, they will no longer be dry and doughy inside but rather soft all the way through
- taste for salt and pepper, serve hot
- once you've added the noodles don't keep cooking the soup for hours the noodles will get too soft and soggy
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Le Creuset Signature Enameled Cast-Iron Round French (Dutch) Oven, 9-Quart, Black
Le Creuset Enameled Cast Iron Signature Round Dutch Oven, 7.25 qt., White
Le Creuset Enameled Cast Iron Signature Round Wide Dutch Oven, 6.75 qt., Cerise
Country Pasta Homemade Style Pasta - Egg , 64-oz bag
3 Piece Pasta Roller Cutter Attachment Set Compatible with KitchenAid Stand Mixers
Amount Per Serving Calories 498Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 194mgSodium 609mgCarbohydrates 43gFiber 6gSugar 4gProtein 47g
- Air Fryer Gingerbread cookies
- Crispy Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Classic Chocolate Crinkles
- Sablé Breton Tart for the GBBO
- Dark Chocolate Homemade Truffles
- Stuffed Turkey Breast
- Air Fryer New York Strip Steaks
- Vegan Sausage Rolls
- Two in One Pecan Pumpkin Pie
- Air Fryer French Toast
- Homemade Twix Bars
- Easy Barbecued Chicken in the Oven
- Seasonal Eggnog Cake
- Baklava: a GBBO Technical Bake
- A Seasonal and Savory Stuffed Pumpkin
- Cheese Stuffed Christmas Tree Bread