YES! They’re a thing and they’re super easy to make! Use frozen premade cinnamon rolls to make these fun breakfasty Cinnamon Roll Waffles.
Hot crusty cinnamon rolls waffled in your waffle iron and dripping with frosting. Yes, you need these!
OR Waffled Cinnamon Rolls
I tend to think of them MORE as waffled cinnamon rolls but either way you’re going to love how easy they are to make. And how amazing they taste.
Easy Fun Breakfast
This is one of the EASY fun breakfasts you want to serve when you have a crowd over. Or when you JUST need or want something fun and different for Breakfast.
How to Make Cinnamon Roll Waffles
When I say these are easy I MEAN IT. You simply thaw frozen cinnamon rolls, pat them out to flatten them, place in a preheated waffle iron, cook 3-4 minutes (depending on your waffle iron!), remove, ice, and serve. Like there is ZERO hard work involved here.
What You Need to Make Cinnamon Roll Waffles
- a Waffle Maker
- Frozen Cinnamon Rolls Dough and the frosting it comes with
- Parchment Paper OR plastic wrap
- OPTIONAL Extra Cream Cheese Frosting
Why Should You Use Frozen Cinnamon Rolls for Cinnamon Roll Waffles
Preference ONLY. I prefer the Rhodes Frozen Cinnamon Rolls to canned Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls. So that’s what I used. You could TOTALLY use canned dough if you have or if you prefer them that to Rhodes Dough.
My problem with the canned rolls is that I started noticing the canned rolls were simply stamped with a cinnamon swirl. They weren’t REALLY rolls, more like biscuits with a bit of cinnamon sugar in a swirl ON THEM, not in them.
Then I started noticing that they actually TASTE like a biscuit too, rather than a cinnamon roll. I believe, and this is unsubstantiated, that they are in fact NOT a yeast roll but a quick bread. So of course they taste biscuit-y.
I will still absolutely eat canned cinnamon rolls, AND you CAN use them to make these waffles.
How to Thaw Frozen Cinnamon Rolls
Thawing frozen cinnamon roll dough is very easy. Lightly spray a pan with pam, lay the frozen dough in the pan. Cover with a plastic bag OR plastic wrap. It doesn’t really matter what you cover it with, it just needs to keep the rolls from drying out. Let them sit out at room temperature until thawed and soft but not starting to rise. That’s in!
Can I make a Small Batch?
YES! One of the best things about this little recipe is you can JUST thaw out 2 rolls. Waffle them up and you’ve got an easy after school snack or breakfast for 1. Keep the rest of the dough frozen for whenever you need or want a quick snack.
When to Make Cinnamon Roll Waffles
Make these for Christmas Morning, Thanksgiving Morning, Breakfast Parties, Brunch, Valentine’s Day and so on! You can make them anytime you need a quick, fun and fancy, breakfast.
Love Cinnamon Rolls? Try these Red Velvet Cinnamon Rolls you’re going to LOVE them!
These Cinnamon Roll Waffles are fun to make and SO easy too! They look fancy but they're so simple anyone with a waffle iron can make them. Make a dozen in no time at all, perfect as a brunch recipe, or a special Christmas or Thanksgiving breakfast. They're even great for Valentine's Day Breakfast!
- melted butter OR pam no stick spray
- Frozen Cinnamon Rolls-Thawed
- Icing Packet Included in the package
- *Optional* Extra Cream Cheese Frosting if desired
- preheat the waffle maker butter or spray with non-stick as needed, your machine may be well seasoned and not need it, decide for yourself
- while it heats gently flatten 1-2 rolls in preparation for waffling
- when the waffle maker is ready to cook lay one flattened cinnamon roll on in and shut the lid, if you have a double-sided waffle maker you can make two at a time
- when the waffle maker beeps, the waffle should be done
- My machine took roughly 4-5 minutes per cinnamon roll but you will need to watch yours for the first couple of rolls and see how they are coming out
- they should be cooked through with a crispy exterior
- ice while the waffles are still hot and serve with extra cream cheese frosting if desired
- serve immediately
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 200Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 0mgSodium 69mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 0gSugar 5gProtein 0g
This nutrition information was calculated using a computer program, results may vary.