Pumpkin Spice Latte Cake Roll
A perfect Pumpkin Roll wrapped around creamy Latte filling, oh yes, make a Pumpkin Spice Latte Cake Roll and you won’t miss the PSL when it goes away.
I know sooner or later the only seasonal, spendy coffee I enjoy and buy on a regular basis, rhymes with Pumpkin Spice Latte, will be going away. Well that’s what seasonal means right? But I’ll miss them nonetheless. Knowing they’ll be leaving means I buy one about once a week and of course I make them at home but still it’s like one of those “oh I can buy a coffee and feel holiday-ish and special” things and I like them. *sigh* Oh well I enjoyed them immensely while I had them. All this missing them and they’re not even gone yet, so I guess I need to just get over myself.
And I guess I need to make more of these Pumpkin Rolls because, wow, amazing fantastic. If you want a slice of a Pumpkin Spice Latte than you’re in luck, the Pumpkin Spice Latte Cake Roll is where it’s at. Perfect pumpkin flavor, mild and delicious but the spices, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger and nutmeg are the cake stars here. Then the cake is rolled around decadent espresso cream cheese filling and frozen. Once frozen and wrapped tightly this cake will keep for at least a week in the freezer, probably longer. You can pull it out and let it thaw slightly before serving or you can cut it while it’s frozen and enjoy it one slice at a time.
A perfect Pumpkin Roll wrapped around creamy Latte filling, oh yes, make a Pumpkin Spice Latte Cake Roll and you won't miss the PSL when it goes away.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2/3 cup pumpkin
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 TBSP butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 TBSP espresso powder
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- to make the cake:
- heat oven to 375°
- grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan, line with parchment paper
- grease and flour paper
- sprinkle a thin, cotton kitchen towel with powdered or granulated sugar and set aside
- stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt in small bowl
- beat eggs and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until thick
- beat in pumpkin
- stir in flour mixture
- spread evenly into prepared pan
- bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched
- immediately loosen and turn cake onto prepared towel
- carefully peel off paper, roll up cake and towel together, starting with narrow end
- cool on wire rack
- to make the filling:
- beat cream cheese and butter together until smooth
- mix the milk and the espresso powder together and set aside, you don't want any grains left so you need to stir it 2-3 times before adding it to the frosting
- add the powdered sugar to the cream cheese mix and stir to combine
- stir up the espresso powder and milk mix a few times then add to the frosting and beat well
If you like this recipe check out the REST of my pumpkin recipes!