This post has affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you.
I was inspired to make these Mint Cheesecake Jars from a recipe I saw for Grasshopper Cheesecake Bars. I wanted to change it up a bit so I made them with my favorite simple cheesecake recipe and a few different ingredients.
These were a big hit with my family, except for one odd child who said they were too sweet. The other one suggested I make these Mint Cheesecakes Jars again for St. Patrick’s Day. Gotcha covered, kid!
I also LOVE making these Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies for St. Patrick’s Day. The combo of chips and chocolate cookies is one of my favorites! Or EVEN this Mint Chocolate Ice Cream Cake Roll! That starts with a cake mix and makes it so easy!
Mini Mint Cheesecakes
What do I need to make Mini cheese cakes?
- cream cheese
- chocolate graham crackers
- mint extract
- green food color
- half pint wide mouth jars or ramekins
- 9×13 pan
I baked these Mint Cheesecake Jars in half-pint jars because I like to pack desserts in jars with a lid and keep them in the fridge. That way, they’re ready to roll whenever I need something to pop in a kid’s lunch.
You can get fancy with the wide-mouth jars too, I just use regular canning jars but there are some beautiful jars out there. You CAN bake canning jars full of cake or cheesecake in the oven.
Don’t try to go back and forth between baking and canning, once you bake in a jar it’s not a good idea to then can in it. They can become fragile after baking.
The jars can break more easily in the canner after being baked. They may get dinged up in the oven or washing up, so once you’ve used it for baking, don’t use it for canning.
How to store Mini Cheesecakes
These contain dairy so they should be stored in the fridge. They can go in a lunchbox and be perfect for lunches. If you like you can add a cold pack to the lunch box but it’s not necessary.
Mint Cheesecakes Jars
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate graham crackers crumbs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3 TBSP Sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- green food color few drops
- 2 eggs room temperature
- chocolate graham cracker crumbs optional extra
- preheat oven to 325˚
- mix crumbs, melted butter, and 3 TBSP sugar together and press in the bottom of 6 half pint wide mouth jars, set aside
- mix the cream cheese and the sugar together until well blended
- add the mint extract, I'd start with half the amount called for and taste it, it will intensify while it bakes, if you feel like it needs more add it as deisred
- add the food color, 1-2 drops at a time until the approximate desired color is achieved
- add the eggs one at a time blending well after each addition
- carefully divide evenly between the six prepared jars, I used a cookie scoop to get the batter in the jar without making much of a mess
- place jars in a baking pan and place in the oven
- pour water around the jars about halfway up the jars
- bake for 30-32 minutes or until the top is set
- take out of the oven carefully and remove the jars from the baking pan
- place on a cooling rack
- top with extra crushed graham crackers if desired
- this recipe calls for baking the cheesecakes in wide mouth half pint jars
- they also need to be baked in a baking pan half filled with water
- Quick and Easy Cowboy Stew
- Sausage Rolls
- Green Bean Casserole
- Seasonal Pumpkin Star bread
- Easy Baked Cornbread Stuffing
- Biscuit Topped Beef Pot Pie
- Pumpkin Muffins with Streusel
- Apple Cinnamon Rolls (with Pecans!)
- Garlic Herb Prime Rib Roast
- Must-Have Air Fryer Accessories
- Beer Cheese Soup
- Potato Onion Pithivier
- Best Gifts for Bakers
- Mocha Torte
- Get to Know Vanilla: All Things Vanilla
- Kale Quinoa Salad