This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
Peppermint Bark is a really easy little recipe to make, but it looks like you did a lot of work. That’s one reason I love making it for friends and family, it makes me look GOOD!
Milk chocolate or dark chocolate, topped with white chocolate infused with candy cane dust, and THEN topped with chunky peppermint candies.
How pretty is this Candy Cane Bark?
Peppermint Bark is perfect tucked into cookies trays, or small boxes for co-workers, or dropped in stockings for that homemade candy treat everyone wants.
And it looks so fabulous on cookie trays that no one can resist nibbling it. Or drop it in hot cocoa. You can put it in a cup of hot coffee. Or tuck it into the top of a cupcake. It’s practically the perfect present.
What do I need to make my own Peppermint Bark?
The best thing about this recipe is that you don’t need anything special to make it. So NO special equipment is needed!
- White Chocolate, bars not chips for a better melt!
- Dark OR Milk Chocolate, again use a baking bar for best results
- Crushed peppermint candies, candy canes OR starlight mints OR any peppermint hard candies you like
- baking trays
- waxed paper OR parchment sheets
- double boiler OR a saucepan with a heat-proof bowl over the top of it for melting the chocolates
- offset spatula OR silicone spatula for spreading the chocolate
- sifter or sieve
Can I make this Peppermint Bark with ALL White Chocolate?
You can make this bark with ALL white chocolate. You can ALSO make it with ALL chocolatey chocolate. I think it benefits from BOTH chocolates, the balance is just about perfect.
If you want just regular chocolate you can choose milk chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, or even dark chocolate. Make sure you invest in something BETTER than chocolate chips. They’re made to NOT melt so they take a bit of fancy footwork to get them to melt nicely
Our Favorite Christmas Treats
- 4 ounces milk chocolate
- 4 ounces white chocolate
- 6 ounces peppermint candy
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper OR waxed paper, set aside
- put a double boiler on the stove over medium-low heat, make sure you put water in the bottom pan!
- chop the chocolate, and add chocolate to the top of the pan
- stir to melt the chocolate, when melted spoon onto the prepared pan, don't spread it too thin or thick
- wash out the top of the double boiler, and wipe completely dry, don't get water in your white chocolate
- chop the white chocolate and melt it the same way as the chocolate
- while it's melting crush the peppermint candy in a plastic bag OR a food processor, be sure to leave some chunks
- put the candy in a sieve and shake out some of the fine dust
- add the fine dust to the white chocolate and stir to combine
- spread the white chocolate over the first chocolate layer
- while the white chocolate is melted sprinkle the rest of the crushed peppermint candies over the top
- chill and cut into pieces
- this candy is best stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Fine Mesh Strainer, Stainless Steel Fine Mesh Sieve, Set of 3 Small Strainers Fine Mesh for Kitchen, Silver Colander Sieve Sifter with Long Handle, 3.2", 5.3", 7.8"
Culina Experts Offset Spatula for Cake Decorating, Icing Spatula for Cakes 13" Frosting Spatula - Cake Spatula icing Smoother, Frosting Knife & Icing Knife - off setting spatula, steal spatula
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
Spatula Silicone Spatula Set Spatulas Silicone Heat Resistant 500°F Rubber Spatula Seamless One Piece Non-Stick 5-Piece For Cooking Baking Mixing
SMARTAKE 200 Pcs Parchment Paper Baking Sheets
Amount Per Serving Calories 189Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 5mgSodium 26mgCarbohydrates 30gFiber 0gSugar 23gProtein 2g
This nutrition information was calculated using a computer program, results may vary.
- BROOKIES From Scratch
- Crispy Air Fryer Cod
- Air Fryer BBQ Pork steak
- Strawberry Crunch Ice Cream Bars
- Our Favorite Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- Crispy Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Crispy Air Fryer Mushrooms
- Sweet Cherry Cobbler
- Easy Air Fryer London Broil
- Kitchen Sink Cookies
- Fresh Strawberry Cake
- Fresh Baked Asparagus Tart
- Easy Air fryer Samosas
- Refreshing Strawberry Crunch Cake
- Spicy Sriracha Aioli
- Maple Brown Sugar Roasted Acorn Squash