This post has affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you.
This Sausage Ball Recipe is exactly the snack recipe you’re looking for! Quick and easy, and sure to please this little recipe is a keeper! Especially if you have kids or teens in the house!!
I know you’re probably thinking what are Sausage Balls anyway? Bear with me now because you’re going to want to make this easy recipe ASAP. They need a rebrand on the name, but basically, that’s what they are, sausage cheese balls. Think kind of like a meatball but better and perfect for the teen boys in your life. Sausage Balls, do it!
Easy Sausage Balls
I felt like when I make these, they’re so much easier than meatballs. Or I like them better; therefore, I’m happier to make them. I don’t know what the deal is, but they are not something I groan over making. They’re a classic recipe that’s easy to enjoy.
The basic Ingredients for Sausage Balls
- ground pork sausage (you could use bulk chicken sausage if you need to) Italian, breakfasts or even a hot sausage like Hot Italian sausage
- garlic powder
- red pepper flake
- sharp cheddar cheese or use your favorite cheese
- Bisquick baking mix
- cookie scoop (not needed but you can use your hands)
- frying pan
- large bowl
- Optional stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment for mixing if desired
YEP! BISQUICK IS THE SECRET INGREDIENT!
When I first tasted them, I couldn’t figure out what was in them. It took a long time to LOOK up a recipe and see oh Bisquick. But now that I know, well I KNOW!
But it makes sense now. You need a bready element in a meatball or this case sausage ball, and biscuit mix fits the bill. It’s a lot more interesting than bread crumbs, bread, or
Choose your favorite Cheese!
You can use sharp cheddar cheese or extra sharp cheddar. You could use mild if you like that flavor profile. Mix it up with pepper jack cheese or white cheddar cheese. Toss in some parmesan cheese for a different taste!
This Sausage Ball Recipe is Perfect for Breakfast on the Go!
These easy sausage balls would make an excellent breakfast all-in-one kind of meal. You’ve got protein, fat, and some carbs too — all in one handy easy to take with you a compact edible shape. Just add something to drink or a yogurt cup and breakfast you can eat in the car is ready to go.
OR they are a perfect appetizer for any party, SUPER BOWL ANYONE?? Or make them for a quick dinner, they’re a great choice because they’re easy and quick!
Dipping Ideas for Sausage Balls
You can dip these sausage balls in your favorite dipping sauce, they make perfect finger food. A few of our favorite dips are:
- BBQ Sauce
- Spicy Jalapeño Ranch Dressing
- Sweet and Sour
- Spicy Aioli
- Real Maple Syrup (remember they have Bisquick in them!)
- Honey mustard
If you have leftovers go ahead and store them in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days. You can separate them with layers of parchment paper if you want to or store them in a single layer for quick and easy reheating. Reheat in an air fryer or microwave until hot.
- 16 ounces pork sausage use what you have
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic granules
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar you can use mild cheddar or extra sharp
- preheat oven to 400˚
- mix all the ingredients together really get in there and mix it up
- make 28 walnut-sized sausage balls
- place on a baking sheet or in a cast-iron skillet
- bake for 20-25 minutes, turning every 10 minutes or so
- use a thermometer to check them, you're looking for a temperature of 150˚ for them to be cooked all the way through BUT I prefer to cook them to about 160-170 because they taste better