This Sausage Ball Recipe is the exactly the snack recipe you’re looking for! Quick and easy, and sure to please this little recipe is a keeper!
I know you’re probably thinking what are Sausage Balls anyway? Bear with me now because you’re going to want to make these ASAP. They need a rebrand on the name, but basically, that’s what they are a ball of sausage. Think kind of like a meatball but better and perfect for the teen boys in your life. Sausage Balls, do it!
Easy Sausage Balls
I felt like when I make these, it’s so much easier than meatballs. Or I like them better; therefore, I’m happier to make them? I don’t know what the deal is, but they are not something I groan over making.
Use any pork sausage you happen to have on hand. Breakfast, regular, or Italian sausage will all work just fine. Then you add a little egg, some milk, a pinch of red pepper flakes, shredded cheese, and the secret ingredient.
What’s the secret ingredient in Sausage Balls? BISQUICK!
Yep! Bisquick is the secret ingredient!
When I first tasted them, I couldn’t figure out what was in them. It took a long time to LOOK up a recipe and see oh Bisquick. But now that I know, well I KNOW!
But it makes sense now. You need a bready element in a meatball or this case sausage ball, and biscuit mix fits the bill. It’s a LOT more interesting than bread crumbs, bread, or panko. It just gives it a different texture, that’s pleasing to the mouth.
This Sausage Ball Recipe is Perfect for Breakfast on the Go!
These easy sausage balls would make an excellent breakfast all in one kind of meal. You’ve got protein, fat and some carbs too — all in one handy easy to take with you a compact edible shape. Just add something to drink or a yogurt cup and breakfast you can eat in the car is ready to go.
Need More Snack Ideas?
Make up a homemade snack bar with these recipes:
- Easy Soft Homemade Pretzels
- Chorizo Focaccia Bread
- Baked Jalapeno Poppers
- Texas Sheet Cake Cookies
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
You're probably thinking what are Sausage Balls? Bear with me because you're going to want to make these ASAP. Perfect for the hungry teens in your life! #teenfood #sausageballs #easysausageballs #easysausageballsrecipe
- 16 ounces pork sausage, use what you have
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic granules
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar, you can use mild cheddar or extra sharp
- preheat oven to 400˚
- mix all the ingredients together really get in there and mix it up
- make 28 walnut-sized sausage balls
- place on a baking sheet or in a cast-iron skillet
- bake for 20-25 minutes, turning every 10 minutes or so
- use a thermometer to check them, you're looking for a temperature of 150˚ for them to be cooked all the way through BUT I prefer to cook them to about 160-170 because they taste better
Amount Per Serving Calories 131Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 30mgSodium 304mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 6g
Nutrition info isn't always accurate.