And this post contains affiliate links if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission.
Do you need a Slow Cooker recipe that’s easy to toss together and walk away from? You know those days that are so busy you can’t see a time to slow down and make dinner? Those days call for this Slow Cooker Sausage and Potatoes dinner!
I don’t know about you but super busy days mean I need one of those quick and easy crockpot dinners. Sure I could get takeout but when you’re watching pennies takeout is just too expensive.
Having a couple of slow cooker or instant pot recipes you enjoy can save your family money on busy nights. We also enjoy this easy-to-make Crockpot Chicken Cordon Bleu, it’s so easy to make and it’s nice to come home to as well.
And this Instant Pot Pork Chops with Spanish Rice is SUPER quick and easy to make. And everyone in my house loves it!
Ok but what about THIS Easy SAUSAGE AND POTATOES Recipe?
Now that I professed to my love of quick dinners what about this recipe? OH SO QUICK AND EASY! Just chop, add to the slow cooker, stir and cook.
How to change up this recipe to suit you:
- Use ANY kind of pre-cooked sausage from smoked sausage, to kielbasa, to spicy cajun sausage, any kind of ring sausage like that will work! As long as YOU like it cooked in the crock pot then it should be tasty in this recipe.
- Baby fingerling potatoes work fine in this recipe BUT you can use ANY kind of peanut or waxy potatoes. Most potatoes would work but some can get crumbly when you slow cook them.
- Whatever color sweet bell peppers you have on hand will work but you could leave them out if you don’t have any peppers. You could even use frozen bell peppers slices but those will be very soft when they’re done cooking.
- If you have a favorite marinara sauce feel free to sub it in instead of the fire roasted tomatoes. And you can add more or less tomatoes as desired or needed.
- Sprinkle parmesan over the top of the sauasages and let it cook for 5 minutes more before serving.
Need this Easy Sausage and Potato Dinner even faster??
Cooking in a slow cooker means this dinner is done in 6-7 hours when cooking it on low. If you need it done quicker than that cook it on high for 3-4 hours!
Crockpot Slow Cooker Cooking Tip!
If this is your first time making this recipe please take this advice: make this on a night when you don’t need a quick dinner! What? I mean when you make ANY crockpot or slow cooker recipe for the first time make it when you have time to not be in a hurry.
Every crockpot is different and they all cook differently so what works in MY slow cooker may not work for you. It may cook faster or slower so make it once before you need to depend on it for a busy night.
Can I make this in the Instant Pot?
This recipe has been specifically designed to be cooked in a regular slow cooker. You CAN make it in the Instant Pot but be aware that the Instant Pot Slow Cooker features can be a little LESS powerful than a regular crockpot/slow cooker.
So be sure to account for that when you’re making plans to use this recipe. Again try it on a night when you have a little time to spare so you don’t have hungry people staring at you.
- 2 pounds cooked sausage, cajun, smoked, turkey, kielbasa, your choice!
- 2 pounds petite medley potatoes
- 2 green peppers, sliced
- 1-2 TBSP minced garlic, more or less to your preference
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- pinch of red pepper flakes if desired
- 1 cup marinara
- 1 15.5 oz can canned fire roasted tomatoes
- parsley or green onions (as garnish)
- plug in the slow cooker
- slice the sausages
- half or quarter the potatoes
- slices the green peppers
- put it all in the crock and stir to combine
- plop the garlic on top
- sprinkle with the Italian seasoning and chili flakes if using
- pour the marinara and tomatoes
- stir to combine everything
- set pot for high 3-4 hours or low 6-8 hours
- let cook
- when done serve with parsley or green onions garnish
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Spatula Silicone Spatula Set Spatulas Silicone Heat Resistant 500°F Rubber Spatula Seamless One Piece Non-Stick 5-Piece For Cooking Baking Mixing
All-Clad SD700450 Programmable Oval-Shaped Slow Cooker with Black Ceramic Insert and Glass Lid, 6.5-Quart, Silver
Crock Pot Slow Cooker|8 Quart Programmable Slow Cooker with Digital Countdown Timer, Black Stainless Steel - SCCPVFC800-DS