Super Fudgy Cocoa Brownies
I went looking for a super luscious, ultimate Fudgy Brownie, no cake brownie would do, it must be fudgy or it must go home. I found it! When you hardly ever make sweet treats anymore and a birthday happens along, you know you only get one shot, and it best be amazing. Or else.
Whew, luckily this recipe from Inspired Taste worked out perfectly for me. I made it the first time for my birthday way back in May and they were tasty, although a tad bittersweet. So I made them again and cut the baking cocoa down a bit and they were perfectly perfect. Not too sweet, nor too bitter and actually easy to make too.
For fun I baked them in a tart pan with a removable bottom so they would look pretty on a cake plate with candles, the batter was thick enough it didn’t ooze out the bottom of the pan. These Super Fudgy Cocoa Brownies made a perfect substitution for a birthday cake.
Fudgy Cocoa Brownies
- 10 TBSP butter
- 1 1/4 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Cocoa Powder add up to 2 extra TBSP if desired
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- pre-heat the oven to 325˚
- line an 8x8 inch square pan with foil or parchment paper or butter it well, set aside
- heat a pan of water over medium heat, place a heatproof bowl over it, pyrex works well here
- make sure the bowl doesn't touch the water
- place the butter in the bowl and let it melt
- once it melts add the sugar and the cocoa, mix them in well
- remove the bowl from the heat, let it cool until it's just warm
- then stir the salt and vanilla
- add the eggs one at a time and mixing each one in well
- when the batter is nice and shiny add the flour and stir until just mixed in
- the stir it an additional 40-50 strokes
- scrape it into your prepared pan
- bake in a 325˚ oven for 20-25 minutes
- begin checking for doneness at 20 minutes
- use a toothpick but remember you're not looking for a perfectly clean toothpick, fudgy moist brownies will have a fudgy moist toothpick too but it won't be batter covered, it will be moist,
- don't over bake them
- you can double these if you need a big batch, just bake them in a 9x13 pan and bake until a toothpick comes out clean
If you’re planning to bake these Super Fudgy Cocoa Brownies in a tart pan please note that they run bigger than an 8×8 square pan and the baking time was right at 20 minutes. And also if using a tart pan you’ll want to butter it well.