This post has affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you.
Need a quick and easy blueberry
Fresh or Frozen blueberries baked up bubbling hot and fresh in this easy blueberry cobbler dump cake. Topped with blueberry jello, yellow cake mix, butter, and water there is nothing easier to make for
What is it with dump cakes??
The thing with dump cakes, the number one rule is DO NOT STIR THEM. That’s it! Dump means just that you layer on the ingredients and bake it up. The resulting
Our Favorite easy dump cake recipes
This is a blueberry version of our favorite dump cakes. On my site, you can find other yummy dump cakes such as this Pumpkin Crunch Cake with luscious pecans and crispy bits. What I call a Magic Rhubarb Cake is just a rhubarb dump cake but it makes rhubarb taste phenomenal! Strawberry Dump Cake, and Cherry Dump Cake round out our recipe offerings.
What do you need to make this recipe
- Frozen blueberries OR fresh Blueberries
- complimentary jello flavor, I used blueberry
- lemon zest
- yellow cake mix, dry cake mix, do not make the cake batter
- melted butter, not cold butter
- 9×13 cake pan OR 2.5-quart baking dish or casserole dish, I used this Made-In Oval Baking Dish
No Added Sugar
This cake is sweet enough with berries, cake mix, and a jello packet, so you don’t need to add any extra sugar. A lot of dump cake recipes call for added sugar and I find they’re too sweet. So I make all of mine without added sugar.
If you’re worried about sour berries you can always sprinkle a little sugar in with the jello powder over the blueberry layer.
Fresh fruit or frozen for dump cakes?
For this easy
One thing I don’t recommend (and personally don’t like) is using canned blueberry pie filling. It’s too sweet and, to me anyway, doesn’t taste good because the sweetness overwhelms everything else.
White cake mix or yellow cake mix?
Either will work. Honestly use what you have on hand. I had a yellow cake mix this time, I’ve also used white. You can also try using a lemon cake mix or a strawberry cake mix for an interesting twist!
There’s dry cake mix on my
No worries! That’s kind of the charm of these desserts. Because you’re not stirring up you will get some dry spots. If you have some dry spots no worries it is safe to eat, because you’ve baked it in the oven.
What to serve with this
All the good old standbys work. Try a scoop of
A hot cup of coffee is always good with
You can cover any leftovers of this cake with plastic wrap and store it right in the pan. Or you can transfer the leftovers to an airtight container are store them in the fridge. You can store the cake at room temperature for 1-2 days and then after that, it should be refrigerated.
Blueberry Dump Cake
- 4 cups blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1 TBSP lemon zest you can sub a TBSP lemon juice if don’t have zest
- 1 box blueberry gelatin 3 ounce box, the small box of jello
- 1 box yellow cake mix dry mix do not mix up the cake
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup water
- preheat the oven to 350° F
- pour the blueberries in the bottom of a 9×13 pan or 2.5-quart baking dish
- sprinkle zest over the top of the berries
- sprinkle the dry jello mix over the top of the berries, don't stir it
- sprinkle the dry cake mix over the top of the jello and berry layer
- drizzle the melted butter on top of the cake mix layer
- pour the water over the top of everything
- do not stir, do not cover, bake in a preheated oven for 55 minutes until the top is mostly golden brown