This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
I just love an easy dessert, don’t you? This is Strawberry Dump Cake is one of the most simple desserts to make. You don’t even have to stir it!!
Fresh strawberries layered with strawberry jello, a dry cake mix, melted butter, and water are baked up together to make this magical strawberry dump cake.
What is a dump cake?
A dump cake is a magical concoction that starts with a layer of fresh or frozen fruit. Then each layer is added in a specific order.
On top of the fruit goes complimentary flavored Jello. DRY Jello. Don’t make it and add it in, it goes in dry.
Then you sprinkle on a DRY cake mix. You can use a yellow or white cake mix. Either one works just fine to make a dump cake. I try to keep a few cake mixes on hand.
The next layer is melted butter. This is drizzled over the top of the cake mix but not stirred in!
And the final layer is just water. Try to drizzle as far as it will go over the layers.
And then it’s off to the oven. DO NOT STIR!
This is a favorite in our house because you can use seasonal fruit OR frozen fruit. If you don’t have the fresh fruit then grab some frozen fruit. And if you’d rather EAT the fresh fruit, well do it, and use frozen in this cake.
If you don’t have strawberries you can make a Rhubarb Dump Cake. Or if you happen to have pitted bing cherries try my Cherry Dump Cake!
And if you don’t have ANY of the fruit I’ve listed try using the fruit you have on hand, complimentary jello flavor, and a yellow or white cake mix!
Do I need whole, chopped, or sliced strawberries for this dump cake?
For this recipe, I simply sliced berries roughly in half. That way they’d cook through. And so that they’d be a bite and not too big! For other fruits, just cut up accordingly.
What do I need to make this Strawberry Cobbler?
- sliced strawberries
- strawberry jello
- white or yellow cake mix
- melted butter
- 6 cups strawberries
- 1 3 ounce box of strawberry jello
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup water
- preheat the oven to 350°
- wash a dry the strawberries, hull them and slice them in half
- lay the berries in a 9x13 pan
- sprinkle with dry jello mix
- then sprinkle with the yellow cake mix
- drizzle melted butter over the top of the dry cake mix
- the pour the water over the top of that
- do not stir
- bake in the oven for 50-55 minutes
- serve hot, warm, or cool
Amount Per Serving Calories 317Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 24mgSodium 464mgCarbohydrates 52gFiber 3gSugar 29gProtein 3g
This nutrition information was calculated using a computer program, results may vary.
- The Best Apple Pie Cookies (Easy Recipe!)
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Quick and Simple Air Fryer Cabbage
- Raspberry Cookies
- Candied Pecan Marshmallow Sweet Potato Casserole
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
- Crispy Air Fryer Fried Pickles
- Brown Butter Cowboy Cookies
- The Best Tater Tot Casserole Recipes
- Water Bath Canning Made Easy!
- Blueberry Muffin Cookies
- Pecan Pie Cookies
- Best Buckeye Brownies
- Fresh and seasonal Blueberry Crisp
- Quick and Easy Pizookie
- Rhubarb Cookies