This post has affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you.
If you LOVE the flavors of Pecan Pie then you NEED to check out my Pecan Pie Cookies! All the best flavors of your favorite pie wrapped up in a perfect cookie.
Bake up a simple cookie with a dip in the center. When the cookies are cooled make an easy pecan-filled fresh caramel for filling and topping the cookies. Absolute pecan pie cookie perfection!
What do I need to make Pecan Pie Cookies?
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- granulated sugar
- cup butter
- brown sugar
- heavy whipping cream
Notice you don’t need Karo syrup to make this recipe? The flavor of the butter and brown sugar make the caramel amazing and very real without the overwhelming sweetness of corn syrup!
Beyond needing a digital thermometer you won’t need any special tools or products to make these cookies. Everything for these is normal everyday tools you can find in your kitchen.
Do I need to refrigerate pecan pie cookies?
These cookies will be perfectly fine at room temperature for the first 24 hours. After that, you should refrigerate them. But they’re so good and the recipe only makes 12 so you may not have any left to chill.
Does the caramel in these cookies run everywhere?
NOPE! You use a digital thermometer to cook it to a softball stage so it’s set without being hard and crunchy. Just perfect for cookies.
Love Pecan Pie?
If you’re new here then you may not know that we LOVE Pecan Pie. A good old-fashioned pie made without corn syrup of course! The flavor of brown sugar, butter, and pecans makes the best most flavorful pecan pie you’ll ever taste.
And these pecan pie cookies are truly an extension of our favorite pie! In cookie form of course.
Here are all the versions of our favorite pecan pie recipes:
- Pecan Pie Bars
- Maple Pecan Pie
- Old-Fashioned Pecan Pie
- Mini Pecan Pies
- Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Pecan Pumpkin Pie
See what I mean?? We LOVE pecan pie!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 TBSP milk
- 1 egg, room temperature if possible
Pecan Caramel Topping
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cups chopped pecans
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- preheat the oven to 350°
- stir flour, baking powder, and salt together and set aside
- cream the butter and sugar together until soft and fluffy
- beat in the egg and vanilla
- stir in the dry ingredients into the wet until well combined
- divide into 12 balls, place on a baking sheet, flatten slightly and make a dent in the center
- bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes of until lightly browned
- before the cookies cool press lightly with a spoon
- cool the cookies completely
- when they're cool make the caramel
- combine the butter, sugar, and pecans in a small saucepan
- cook over medium heat stirring to keep it from burning
- once the mixture is melted and bubbling, reduce the heat a bit and cook and stir 3-5 minutes until the mixture measures 235° on a thermometer
- once it gets to 235° remove it from the heat, add the vanilla, cream, and cinnamon, and stir until well mixed
- top each cookie with a spoonful of the caramel
- serve once the caramel is cooled completely
- refrigerate after 24 hours if needed
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 389Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 64mgSodium 116mgCarbohydrates 39gFiber 2gSugar 22gProtein 4g
This nutrition information was calculated using a computer program, results may vary.
Need more AMAZING recipes??
- Quick and Easy Cowboy Stew
- Sausage Rolls
- Green Bean Casserole
- Seasonal Pumpkin Star bread
- Easy Baked Cornbread Stuffing
- Biscuit Topped Beef Pot Pie
- Pumpkin Muffins with Streusel
- Apple Cinnamon Rolls (with Pecans!)
- Garlic Herb Prime Rib Roast
- Must-Have Air Fryer Accessories
- Beer Cheese Soup
- Potato Onion Pithivier
- Best Gifts for Bakers
- Mocha Torte
- Get to Know Vanilla: All Things Vanilla
- Kale Quinoa Salad