This is our family’s favorite Broccoli Cauliflower Salad! We enjoy it in the summer as a make-ahead salad for potlucks and picnics. And we LOVE it as a fresh salad on the Thanksgiving Table!
Filled with cauliflower and broccoli flowerets, BACON, dried cranberries, and crispy crunchy sunflower seeds and tossed with a lighter dressing this salad has something for everyone!
A lighter Salad Dressing
Typically broccoli cauliflower salad had a heavy mayo dressing. I’ve taken that dressing and lightened it up a bit by replacing half of it with greek yogurt. The flavor is all there but knowing it’s a little lighter makes it taste even better!
When to Serve this Broccoli Cauliflower Salad?
I love to make and serve this salad ALL summer long. It’s perfect to make ahead of time when you’re grilling out on the deck. When you’re done at the grill this salad is ready to go with minimal fuss.
It’s ALSO just right for any time you’re having guests over. Again it’s a fresh premade salad that pairs perfectly with anything you’re serving for dinner, like maybe this Bacon Cheese Burger Meatloaf. Or these Air Fryer New York Strip Steaks. Or even our family favorite these Air Fryer Crispy Pork Chops!
Serve this Salad for Thanksgiving!
YES!! This broccoli cauliflower salad is ALSO perfect for Thanksgiving! It’s nice to have something easy for the table that you don’t have to worry about cooking or baking on such a busy day. Just toss in the crispy bits, stir it up and it’s ready to eat. With cranberries and crispy sunflower seeds, it works on the party table.
One thing about this salad!
If you like crispy sunflower seeds and bacon don’t add them to the salad until ready to serve. Make the whole thing ahead of time, then cover and refrigerate it for the best taste.
When you’re ready to serve sprinkle on the bacon and sunflower seeds and stir them into the salad. It helps keep them fresh and crispy for dinner.
If the sunflower seeds and bacon getting a little soft doesn’t bother you then add them right at the beginning, cover, and refrigerate.
What do I need to make this Broccoli Cauliflower Salad?
- dried cranberries, the sweetened kind like a craisin
- sunflower seeds
- greek yogurt
- mayonnaise, or use light mayonnaise
- red wine vinegar or apple cider works too
- onion or shallot
- salt and pepper
Can I make substitutions?
YES! Use any kind of nuts to replace the sunflower seeds. Swap in ANY dried fruit instead of the dried cranberries, even fresh chopped apple is good. Use turkey bacon in you like it better. Like green onions? Sub them in!
Broccoli Salad Ingredients
- 1/2 pound lower sodium bacon
- 3/4 pound broccoli florets, bite sized pieces
- 3/4 pound cauliflower florets, bite sized pieces
- 1/2 finely chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup of dried sweetened cranberries
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or use light mayo
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2-3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- cook the bacon until crispy
- meanwhile, make the dressing by whisking together all the ingredients, add just 2 Tablespoons of the vinegar, taste, and add more as needed
- taste and salt and pepper as desired
- when the bacon is cooked and crispy remove it from the heat and let it drain, pat it dry, leave it to cool
- put the broccoli and cauliflower in a mixing bowl add everything else except the sunflower seeds and stir to combine
- add the dressing to the salad and toss to combine, taste and add more salt and pepper to taste
- refrigerate for a bare minimum of 2 hours
- crumble the bacon and store in the fridge until ready to add to the salad
- when ready to serve add the sunflower seeds and bacon, toss to combine
- You can use apple cider vinegar if you don't have red wine vinegar
- add some of the vinegar and see how it tastes, if it needs more add it slowly until you like the flavor
Amount Per Serving Calories 330Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 35mgSodium 1163mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 4gSugar 6gProtein 15g
This nutrition information was calculated using a computer program, results may vary.
- BROOKIES From Scratch
- Crispy Air Fryer Cod
- Air Fryer BBQ Pork steak
- Strawberry Crunch Ice Cream Bars
- Our Favorite Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- Crispy Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Crispy Air Fryer Mushrooms
- Sweet Cherry Cobbler
- Easy Air Fryer London Broil
- Kitchen Sink Cookies
- Fresh Strawberry Cake
- Fresh Baked Asparagus Tart
- Easy Air fryer Samosas
- Refreshing Strawberry Crunch Cake
- Spicy Sriracha Aioli
- Maple Brown Sugar Roasted Acorn Squash