This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
I don’t know if you have had the pleasure of enjoying Brookies yet, have you?? These masterful cookies are a fabulous mash-up of brownies and cookies ALL IN ONE. Brownie+Cookies=Brookies
These Brookies from scratch feature chocolate chip cookie dough and brownie dough made into cookies rolled together and baked up into the best thing you’ll put in your mouth all year. BROOKIES.
Why make Brookies?
Why not, right? There’s no better reason for baking than why not. Sometimes you don’t know what you want to bake and sometimes you have a difficult crowd to please. No matter what they’ll love these brookies from scratch.
BUT if you need a reason these cookies are great for:
- Baby Showers-especially fun when you don’t know the gender they can signify either/or in a fun way
- Bake Sales
- ANY OTHER TIME YOU NEED A GREAT COOKIE!
My OTHER Favorite Cookie Recipes
- Texas Sheet Cake Cookies. These are arguably the most popular cookies on my site. When You bake them you’ll know why, they’re dense and fudgy and chocolate cookie perfection!
- Kitchen Sink Cookies. These are going to be a very close runner-up popularity-wise with the Texas Sheet Cake Cookies. Filled with 2 kinds of chocolate, toffee pieces, and pretzels, they are truly delicious cookies.
- Florentines. These thin and crispy cookies are made with less flour to make them spread out. Filled with fruits and nuts these cookies are snappy and crispy.
- Snickerdoodle Bars. These are just like snickerdoodles except they’re baked in bars instead of dropped one by one. DELICIOUS!
- Carrot Cake Bars. Everything you love in carrot cake but in bar form. Crispy base, sweet filling, and even has a sweet cream cheese drizzle of icing!
What do I need to Make Brookies From Scratch?
- chocolate chips
- dutch process cocoa
- instant coffee or espresso powder
- baking soda
- brown sugar
- chocolate chips
This recipe does ok with recipe substitutions. You could use margarine in the dough just be aware that the cookies may spread more as margarine has more water in it. I would not use other flour in the recipe unless you’re using a 1:1 baking flour substitution.
You can add different kinds of chocolate chips to the recipe. OR swap them out for white chocolate. Also adding toffee bits wouldn’t hurt these one bit. The same goes for peanut butter chips. Variations are good!
Brownie Batter Dough
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1/3 cup of flour
- 2 TBSP Dutch process cocoa
- 1/2 tsp instant coffee or espresso powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/4 all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 5 TBSP softened butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup semi chocolate chips
- for the brownie batter dough: melt the chocolate chips and butter together over very low heat, don't get any water in it or the chocolate will seize, once melted let it cool
- meanwhile, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, dry instant coffee, salt, and baking soda
- in a separate bowl beat the egg and the sugar until it's light yellow
- stir the chocolate into the eggs and well combined
- then fold in the flour just until combined
- cover and refrigerate until ready to use
- preheat the oven to 350° and line two baking sheets with parchment paper
- whisk together the flour, salt, and soda, set aside
- cream the butter and both sugars until fluffy
- add the egg and vanilla and mix well
- stir in the flour until combined
- add the chocolate chips
- To Make Brookies: scoop out the chocolate chip cookie dough into 18 pieces repeat with the brownie cookie dough set them beside the chocolate chip cookie dough
- quickly roll each set into a ball with your hands, and place it back onto the cookie sheet seam side up to ensure that both brownie dough and cookie dough can be seen, flattening slightly
- bake for 12-14 minutes until the edges are browned and the center is not totally set
- let them cool on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes to set up and then transfer to a baking rack to cool
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 193Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 33mgSodium 169mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 1gSugar 18gProtein 3g
This nutrition information was calculated using a computer program, results may vary.
- Classic Bourbon Pecan Pie
- Air Fryer Crab Rangoon
- Vol Au Vent Pastry Shells
- Bacon Wrapped Pickles in the AIr Fryer
- Old Fashioned Chocolate No Bakes
- Air Fryer Pumpkin Seeds
- Stuffed Banana Peppers
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- Classic Beef and Dumplings
- Eggnog Cheesecake Squares
- Easy Air Fryer Potato Skins
- Air Fryer Panko Chicken
- Pain Aux Raisins
- Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
- Garibaldi Biscuits
- Easy Pumpkin Crunch Cake