This post contains affiliate links if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission.
These Snickerdoodle Bars are by FAR the easiest snickerdoodles you’ll EVER make. No rolling needed. Just press, sprinkle and bake.
Perfect chewy cookies, cinnamon sugar topping, and baked to perfection will make these snickerdoodles a recipe you’ll come back to again and again!
Why Make Snickerdoodle Bars?
Time and ENERGY! Or at least for me it’s time. I can get a WHOLE batch of cookies done in one fell swoop. I love making cookies but sometimes I just need to get them done. Especially for those late “oops I need cookies” moments.
We all have those right? I used to have them a lot more than I do these days, my kids are older now so my call for quick cookies isn’t nearly so dire!
What DO I Need to Make Bar Cookies
- the MOST important thing you NEED to have for making THIS cookie bar recipe is an 8X8 square baking pan, at least for THIS recipe it is, other recipes may be different
- parchment paper OR foil to lift the cookie out of the pan
- usually, you’ll need softened butter
- a stand mixer OR hand mixer makes cookie making easier
Other Old Fashioned Cookie Recipes We Love!
Sugar Cookie Bars–Another bar cookie I think you’ll love!
Texas Sheet Cake Cookies–soft chewy chocolate cookies
Spicy Gingersnaps–crispy gingersnaps with some HEAT
Florentines–thin lacy cookies with a real snap!
Millionaire Bars–crispy shortbread, caramel, and chocolate with a hint of orange cinnamon!
Fig Bars–homemade Fig Newtons anyone?
- 1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, room temp or at least let it warm up a few minutes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, omit if using salted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons of Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- preheat the over to 350˚
- butter and 8x8 pan and then line with parchment, lightly butter again, be sure to leave the edges of the parchment up and out of the pan to help get the cookie out of the pan
- cream the butter and sugar until light at fluffy
- add the egg, beat well
- add the vanilla beat again
- add the salt to the flour, stir and then stir into the butter mix
- spread in the prepared pan
- mix the sugar and cinnamon for the topping and sprinkle over the top of the cookie
- bake 25-30 minutes or until baked and starting to brown
- cool in the pan on a cooling rack
- when cool remove using the extra parchment or foil
- cut and serve
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Red Velvet Sugar Cookies
- Cinnamon Roll Waffles
- Easy Instant Pot Hawaiian Meatballs
- Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies
- 28 Lucky Food For New Years
- A Quick and Easy Cooked Eggnog Recipe
- 2020 GBBO Bake-Along Wrap Up
- No Spread Sugar Cookies
- Red Velvet Cinnamon Rolls
- Cranberry Moscow Mule
- Let’s Make Walnut Whirls!
- Why You Need a Robot Vacuum