This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
These Easy Baked Turkey Meatballs will make everyone happy! They’re full of flavor but made with turkey to make them a little more healthy. Baked instead of panfried. And you can use them in so many ways!
What Ingredients are in Baked Turkey Meatballs?
These easy meatballs are packed with garlic, Italian seasonings, fresh parsley, minced onion, salt, and pepper. Plus I love to add a bit of ground parmesan mixed in with the Panko for an extra kick, you don’t have to add it. And a pinch of red pepper flakes can really make these meatballs stand out, but only add that if you like a little heat!
And you can change up the ingredients too! This is a basic recipe for flavorful baked turkey meatballs and I fully expect everyone to make it their OWN recipe.
So if you like a dash of nutmeg or a pinch of cumin add it! Love parmesan add more! Want diced sweet bell peppers, you got it! Did your grandmother add milk to make them soft?? You can too! Meatballs can take pretty much anything you throw at them.
How can I serve these Turkey Meatballs?
You can use these meatballs in so many ways! Obviously, you can use them in ANY pasta dishes, they’re perfect that way. But also think about sandwiches, a hot meatball sub always tastes great. Or serve these baked turkey meatballs along with a dipping sauce. Make them smaller and put them in lasagna. There’s no wrong way to enjoy them!
Why should I bake meatballs?
I like to bake meatballs for a couple of reasons:
- It’s hands-off cooking–I don’t have to babysit them while they cook, I can get other things done while they cook
- no frying means they’re a little healthier with no added oil
- it’s easier to clean up–I’m not frying these and spattering oil everywhere that I then have to clean up
Why are my meatballs hard?
Two reasons. You either overbaked them OR you overworked the meatball mixture. So be sure to mix lightly only until the ingredients are well combined and don’t press the mixture together too tightly. And then use a thermometer to check the finished temperature, they should be 160˚ to be cooked through.
Try my Baked Greek Turkey Meatballs! Filled with lemon, pepper, and garlic these flavorful turkey meatballs are sure to please!
And if you’re thinking about Turkey Leftovers and not ground turkey my Leftover Turkey Pot Pie is one of our family favorites!
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 1/2 TBSP Italian Seasonings
- 1 TBSP chopped fresh parsley (use half the amount in dried if you need to)
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 TBSP minced fresh garlic
- *Optional* 1/4 cup grated not shredded parmesan (mix and add with Panko)
- *Optional* pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp oil
- preheat the oven to 375˚
- line large rimmed baking sheet with parchment or foil
- mix turkey and egg together in a mixing bowl
- toss the panko with the seasonings and if you're using it the parmesan and red pepper flakes
- mix gently but thoroughly together
- make 24-28 meatballs
- lay on baking sheet
- brush lightly with oil
- bake for 20 minutes and then test for doneness with a thermometer if it hits 160˚ they're done
- if not bake again for a couple more minutes and use the thermometer again
- when they're baked through removing them from the oven, they will continue to cook and bring the temperature up to 165˚ once removed from the oven
- you can use them however you plan to at this point
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Waterproof Digital Instant Read Thermometer
Kraft 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese - 24oz by Kraft [Foods]
SMARTAKE 200 Pcs Parchment Paper Baking Sheets
Zulay (Set of 4) Pastry Brush - Heat Resistant Silicone Basting Brush With Soft Flexible Bristles - Assorted Basting Brush Ideal For BBQ, Marinating, or Spreading Butter & Oil
4 Pieces Pastry Brushes Basting Oil Brush with Boar Bristles and Beech Hardwood Handles Barbecue Oil Brush for Spreading Butter Cooking Baking Brush (1 Inch, 1 1/2 Inch)
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
Amount Per Serving Calories 367Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 151mgSodium 304mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 36g