This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate if you purchase through those links I earn a small commission. Thank you!
Creamy garlic chicken is a versatile and delightful dish that will instantly become a family favorite. Its luscious and velvety gravy pairs perfectly with noodles, rice, or potatoes, making it a go-to choice for a comforting and satisfying meal. In just 30 minutes, you can create a restaurant-quality dish that looks fancy but is surprisingly easy to make.
How to Serve this Creamy Garlic Chicken
One of the greatest appeals of creamy garlic chicken is its flexibility when it comes to serving. The rich and creamy garlic sauce complements a variety of side dishes, allowing you to tailor the meal to your preferences.
For a comforting and classic combination, serve the chicken over a bed of al dente pasta noodles. The smooth and flavorful sauce will envelop each noodle, creating a harmonious blend of textures and tastes.
Alternatively, pairing the chicken with fluffy white rice allows the sauce to soak into the grains, resulting in a delectable taste sensation. If you have leftover rice it is so tasty the next day.
If you prefer heartier fare, creamy garlic chicken is equally scrumptious when served over creamy whipped potatoes. The creamy, garlic-infused gravy adds a gourmet touch to these simple sides, elevating the entire meal to new heights.
And of course, you can ALWAYS serve it over bread or rolls, like an open-face sandwich. That’s MY favorite option!
A kid Friendly Meal
This dish is perfect for kids as well. Children adore the creamy garlic sauce, which is mild and comforting with just the right amount of garlic flavor.
The creamy texture and gentle taste make it appealing to young palates, encouraging them to try new things they wouldn’t normally eat. By serving this dish over their favorite base, be it noodles, rice, or potatoes, you’ll have them asking for seconds and maybe even thirds!
Elegant But Easy!
Despite its elegant appearance, creamy garlic chicken is surprisingly easy to prepare. With minimal prep time and only a few key steps, you can create a stunning and delicious dish that looks like it came straight from a five-star restaurant.
This dish is perfect for a cozy family dinner and sophisticated enough to impress guests. Its irresistible flavors make it a stellar choice for special occasions or hosting friends and family.
But, its quick and straightforward preparation means you won’t be stuck in the kitchen for hours, giving you more time to enjoy the company of your guests.
What You Need to Make Creamy Garlic Chicken
The list looks long but I can assure you that many of the ingredients are already in your pantry or cabinets.
- boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced or pounded into 4, 1/2 inch thick pieces, you can also use chicken tenderloins if you have them
- all-purpose flour
- garlic powder
- ground black pepper
- One head of garlic
- chicken broth
- onion powder
- ground mustard
- Italian seasoning
- cream use cream or even heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
What’s Italian Seasoning?
Italian Seasoning is an aromatice herb blend. Dried herbs. Typically it’s basil, orengano, thyme, rosemary, marjoram and sage. Some mixes don’t include sage. Either way it’s good in this recipe. Use what you have!
How to store Leftovers
You can store leftover garlic chicken in an airtight container. It will last in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat in a small frying pan or in the microwave.
Creamy Garlic Chicken
For the chicken
- 1 lb chicken breasts sliced or pounded into 4, 1/2 inch thick pieces
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons oil
For the gravy:
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 head garlic peeled (about 12-15 cloves)
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, in a small bowl
- Dredge chicken in flour mix. You can do this by laying chicken out on a plate, and spooning the flour over it, flipping, and repeating until chicken is completely coated
- Heat oil over medium-high in a skillet until hot enough to sizzle
- Add chicken, and fry 3-5 minutes, until bottom is golden, flip, and repeat, until second side is golden, and chicken is done through
- Remove chicken from skillet, and pour out excess oil
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and add butter and garlic to skillet
- Cook, stirring garlic around frequently until garlic is softened enough to mash with a fork
- Mash garlic in the pan
- Add flour, onion powder, mustard powder, and Italian seasoning
- cook and stir until the mixture is a deep golden brown, scraping bottom of pan to remove bits of stuck chicken and garlic (this is great for flavor!
- Stir chicken broth in, a little at a time to keep the gravy smooth as it thickens
- Cook, stirring until bubbly
- Then stir in cream
- Add parmesan, stirring until smooth
- Add chicken back to pan, and garnish with parsley if desired
- Creamy Mushroom Wild Rice Soup
- Hearty Turkey Pumpkin Chili
- Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Soup
- Enchilada Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Pepper Steak for Busy Days
- Chicken Marsala
- Creamy Garlic Chicken
- Air Fryer Stuffed Chicken Breast