This post may have affiliate links. If you click on those links and purchase I earn a small commission.
Need a quick but delicious dinner? Try this SUPER QUICK Instant Pot Sausage and Peppers recipe! It’s an easy dinner to pull together when time is short and our whole family enjoys it.
Brown any Italian Sausages in your Instant Pot toss in some peppers and onions, give them a quick pressure cook, and dinner is practically done.
Toast some rolls if you like so that when the sausages are cooked you’ve got hot fresh sandwiches made right at home.
What kind of sausage should I use?
For this Instant Pot recipe, I used Fresh Italian Sausages found at Costco. Whatever kind of sausage you use I would plan on using uncooked sausages so they’re juicy and fresh, and not overcooked.
Do I Have to Make Sandwiches? How do I serve Instant Pot Sausage and Peppers?
No, it’s just how we serve them, you can use these Instant Pot Sausage and Peppers any way you like! I often make big sandwiches out of them because that’s how we enjoy them. You can also serve them over rice or have them plain.
To make sausage and pepper sandwiches cut a baguette into 5 equal pieces for rolls. Or use hoagie rolls. Toast the bread lightly and then pile high with a sausage and all the peppers and onions you like. Add cheese and toast lightly to melt;
Can I Add Cheese to these Sausages with Peppers and Onions?
YES PLEASE!! If you want cheese on the sandwiches by all means ADD IT! Our family likes provolone but mozzarella would be fabulous too. ANY cheese you like works well if you’re making subs.
Want them Gluten Free or Low Carb??
You can JUST serve the Instant Pot Italian sausages and peppers without buns if you need a gluten-free or low-carb version. Or find your own low-carb or gluten-free bread to serve them on.
What do I need to Make These Instant Pot Italian Sausages?
- An Instant Pot-I use the 6 quart classic Duo
- The cooking rack that fits in the bottom of the pan
- Italian Sausages YOU LIKE (this is important!)
- 2 1/2 pounds sweet bell peppers
- 1-2 pounds sweet OR yellow onions
Love Quick Dinners in your Instant Pot?
Try my other FAVE Instant Pot Dinners:
- 5 Italian Sausages
- 1 TBSP oil
- 2 1/2 pounds Sweet Bell Peppers, any color!
- 1 pound yellow or sweet onions
- 5 sandwich rolls
- set Instant Pot to Saute
- pat sausages dry, add oil to the inner pot of the Instant Pot
- lightly brown the sausages
- while they brown seed and slice the peppers
- cut the onion into strips
- when the sausages are brown remove to a plate, add one cup of water to the pot, and scrape up any browned bits
- set the cooking rack in the pot put the sausages on top of it, pile on the peppers and onions
- set the pot to manual high and the time to 4 minutes and set the knob to cooking
- let it come to full pressure and when its finished quick release
- use a slotted spoon to remove the sausage and peppers from the liquid
- To Make Sandwiches: while the sausage cook toast your rolls or bread if using
- put sausages in rolls top with peppers and onions add cheese and run under the broiler
Amount Per Serving Calories 519Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 43mgSodium 868mgCarbohydrates 51gFiber 5gSugar 12gProtein 22g
This nutrition information was calculated using a computer program, results may vary.
- Air Fryer Gingerbread cookies
- Crispy Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Classic Chocolate Crinkles
- Sablé Breton Tart for the GBBO
- Dark Chocolate Homemade Truffles
- Stuffed Turkey Breast
- Air Fryer New York Strip Steaks
- Vegan Sausage Rolls
- Two in One Pecan Pumpkin Pie
- Air Fryer French Toast
- Homemade Twix Bars
- Easy Barbecued Chicken in the Oven
- Seasonal Eggnog Cake
- Baklava: a GBBO Technical Bake
- A Seasonal and Savory Stuffed Pumpkin
- Cheese Stuffed Christmas Tree Bread